Season 4, Episodes 1 and 2

Context: My version of these episodes with a special guest :)

One of the Mandalorians that had flown in with Lady Bo-Katan was walking over to Ezra and Sabine, the male of the group. He took off his helmet, and Ezra could have sworn he looked familiar, but he was sure they had never met...

"I've wanted to talk to you for some time," he said, looking at Sabine. "When Lady Bo-Katan told me someone was wielding the Darksaber, I became interested."

Sabine accepted the compliment, but she didn't recognize this man. "Thank you. I... don't think we've met."

"Baron Kor. I am of House Kryze."

The name certainly rang a bell. "I've heard stories about you. My mother told me you were held captive by Maul's forces before they were defeated in the Siege of Mandalore."

Ezra's ears perked up, and it took all of his willpower not to butt in. If he was House Kryze, he was probably some sort of royalty... right? So he wasn't supposed to talk? He still didn't understand the power hierarchy of Mandalore.

"That, I was. Certainly not the brightest moment of my life," he recalled, his gaze drifting a little. He brought himself back quickly, though. "I haven't heard from Maul since, but I'd like to keep it that way."

Smirking just a little, Sabine glanced back at Ezra. He glared at her momentarily, and Kor picked up on the silent jab. "I take it you're familiar with Maul?"

"Too familiar," Sabine agreed, and Ezra started to go red in the face. "My friend here had a few... run-ins with him."

"Well, that makes sense. I'd expect as much from a Jedi," Kor pointed out, gesturing to the lightsaber hanging from Ezra's belt.

"Sounds like you've met Jedi before."

Kor shrugged, shaking his head a little. "Only a few, actually, but you are a difficult people to forget. Bridger, isn't it?"

He held out a hand to shake, and Ezra took it. "Yeah, Ezra Bridger. Nice to meet you."

"Likewise. I apologize if my aunt came on a little strongly."

"It's fi- wait, that's your aunt??"

Laughing, he looked out the door for a second. "I don't try to advertise it. My family is known for getting into political debates and firefights. Under most circumstances, those are not things I would prefer to be known for. I tend to remain anonymous."

Ezra didn't blame him for that. Sabine was a little more confused, though. "Then why introduce yourself?"

"Something my other aunt taught me," Korkie explained. "You're wielding a symbol that is meant to unify Mandalore, but you can't unify people that don't know each other. It's the same reason I've gotten to know your brother, Tristan."

"You're his contact in House Kryze," she realized, her eyes widening as realization dawned. "He never said who you were."

"I asked him not to. Please don't blame him."

"Sabine," Ursa called from the door, and all three turned to listen. "We know the route the Empire plans to take. We need to leave now if we want to be in position to intercept the transport."

She nodded and put her helmet back on. Time to rally the troops.

As they walked to follow her, Kor asked Ezra quietly, "Do you know where Maul is?"

"Dead, last I heard."

He nodded and slid his helmet onto his head. "Let's hope he stays that way."

~