Letters

After listening to Tanjiro's explanation, I could understand his situation now with his demon sister. Even if it was my job to eliminate demons, if the master and other hashira accepted Nezuko, I would too. Besides, she was just too cute as fell asleep on my lap while Tanjiro was talking.

With everyone's makeup fixed, Tengen took them out to infiltrate the district. This left me some time to write Muichiro before I began finding out more intel to contribute to the team. I took my pen and paper and began to write.

"Dear my sweet Muichiro,

I have successfully arrived in the entertainment district. I likely won't sleep tonight because I will be gathering information and the people don't sleep here in the night, just like us. I miss the way the mist in my mind clears when I am by your side, I am sure you feel the same as me. I promise to return to you soon. Please take care my love, and don't forget to eat. You have a chef that isn't me still at the estate.

Your love,"

With that, I sealed the letter and sent it away to him. With that out of the way, I tried to seal my emotions as I started to work on intel. It started slowly, but I quickly immersed myself by gathering any information I could. I came across a few rumors of a woman jumping out of a window in addition to the Oiran of her house being rumored to share similarities with Oiran's of old. With this, I went to find Tengen so he could take his next steps.

"Huh, you got all that already? Nice job, I'll go check out that house as soon as I can. Rest for tonight, we won't attack tonight likely," Tengen instructed. With that, I went to sleep until the next morning came.

--------

When I woke up, my crow Misora was back with a letter for me. Despite my exhaustion from struggling to sleep without Muichiro, I quickly untied it from her foot and tried to see if I could smell the faintest scent of him. It has only been a day, but I already missed him dearly. Unfortunately, I didn't smell his familiar fresh vanilla scent.

"Dear my love,

I have not forgotten to eat, do not worry. I feel more cloudy without you close by, but I am managing. You need to return by tomorrow morning, that will be the third day. I expect you to be in perfect condition, otherwise, I will have to disciple Tengen. I understand your stance though, so I will support you regardless, just stay safe for me.

With love,

Muichiro Tokito. 

P.S. I long to embrace you,"

I quickly wrote him a letter before the others woke up, much of the same as the previous night with only a slight update on our progress, promising to return by tomorrow morning. With that, the others were meeting and arguing about where the demon was located and Zenitsu was missing.

Even though the kid was annoying, I didn't wish for him to go missing. I had a bad feeling but the day went on without much progress. I almost wasn't sure if we would find Tengen's wives by sunrise, but I couldn't give up hope. Amid my thoughts, there was a loud explosion across the district. The sun had set, it was time for a battle.

Even though I was instructed to stay out of battle, I could still help from afar. I brought forth some mist and spread it across the district to try and hide the demons from civilians and hopefully help the boys in the battle. The battle didn't sound to be going too well as time went on though. I did my best to assist from afar, but it felt infuriating the others were giving it their all and I couldn't do anything.

"Well, who is this beauty?" A female voice called from behind me. I readied myself as I could sense her demonic presence. She had a demonic belt and white hair, she must be the one they were fighting, but wait, I heard the others fighting as well. There must be more than one! I brought forth some more mist so she couldn't detect my movements just as Muichiro taught me.

"So, it was you interfering huh? That won't do you too much good," she said as she used her belt to clear my mist with its speed. This isn't good, but nothing I can't handle. She quickly started to attack so I blocked her attacks with some of the movements Muichiro showed me before performing my disorienting attack, catching her off guard. 

Just as I was taking her down, one of her belts came from behind me rapidly. I dodged it just in time, but it cut off a good chunk of my hair, leaving it shoulder-length. She started screaming wildly as I went to decapitate her only to be blasted backwards into a fiery haze as I blacked out for a few moments.

"Hey! We need your help to evacuate the civilians!" A woman with black and yellow hair was yellowing as she shook me up. I looked around and the entire district was starting to catch fire. 

"They got it! Trust them and help us save as many lives as possible!" The girl with black hair and purple eyes yelled in a soft voice. There was another girl with black hair in a blue uniform helping carry a civilian. These were Tengen's wives he described. Good to know they were safe. I helped them save as many people as possible.

Even though I was exhausted, I kept bringing forth more mist to slow down the spread of the fire as I could see the battle ongoing. There were two demons, what a mess. Despite everything, the sun was finally starting close to rising as we heard the demons beheaded.

Unfortunately, as we all ran back everyone was badly injured. Tengen was close to death from some kind of poison, until Nezuko lit him on fire. Surprisingly, it healed him though. She was a win in my book for sure now, but it couldn't replace his missing hand. For the three boys, I started to treat their wounds as best as I could as help was hopefully going to arrive soon.

"There you are!" Muichiro called out to me. I looked around bewildered to see him standing on the rumble. I thought I was hallucinating until he came rushing towards me as he pulled me into a tight hug. I could feel him, smell him, sense him, he was here right now. I was so happy and overwhelmed that I just held him back as tight as I could.

"You didn't write last night," he said softly as he looked around at everything. He grabbed my hair and noticed it was cut short now. "Were you hurt?" he asked me worried as I shook my head 'no'. 

When he saw Tengen, he walked up and noticed he was well enough to speak now. Obanai was already there lecturing Tengen about something I couldn't quite make out. "You are missing a hand," he asked as Tengen nodded. 

"Yeah, thanks for pointing that out," Tengen said annoyed, rolling his eyes.

"Thank you for protecting her. But you will still have to pay for the damage to her hair," he threatened with his eyes going a bit wild with anger despite his monotone voice. 

"Ah, come on! Haven't I suffered enough for one night? By the way, I am retiring!" He yelled out to Muichiro and Obanai. They looked stunned as Obanai tried to stop him but he started to walk off with his three wives.

"Rest well you four!" I called out as they gave me a wink and smile before going out. I was exhausted as I laid into Muichiro's and fell asleep despite standing. His strong and warm arms held me with ease as I could finally rest easy again. He easily picked me up and sighed a breath of relief.