Chapter 6

Darkness faded into dim lighting as Anastasia was met with the scene of a restored Freddy's. The stage lights were blinking red, blue, and green as the spotlights danced around. The music blared just as it used to, children dancing and running around the room. A wave of deja vu swept over the girl that sat at the table, her mind-boggling as she felt as if she had been in this same exact situation before. Her little sister ran up to her, jumping up and down with excitement as she spoke about all she was thankful for at this birthday party. She ran off to the arcade as her mother came up to her.

"Anastasia?" Her mother called. She turned in an inquiry. "Can you watch over your sister while your dad and I go meet some friends by the bar?"

With a smile, she nodded as her mother walked away. Glancing back at her sister, she grinned and turned away. When she turned back, she was gone. The room was empty. No noise, no children, no lights. It was vacant. Her head whipped to and fro, her eyes wide with fear. She got up and ran about the building. Searching high and low. In every room. But there was nothing. She stared at the animatronics that stood motionless, paused in frame. Anger and guilt filled her heart as she turned away, tears beginning to fall down her rosy cheeks. If she couldn't find Frankie, then she'd run. Run away from it. Her feet quickened in pace until she was in a full sprint down the hall. She shut her eyes as she screamed, shouting from the pain that covered her whole being. Swallowing her in a sea of darkness.

Light entered her sight and leaves crunched beneath her bounding feet. Her eyes opened as the blue sky shone above her, tears trickling down her face. She had only run two steps before she crashed into someone, tumbling to the ground, and landing on top of the body. She pushed herself up, looking down. It was a man with curly brown hair and unkept scruff staring back at her with the same confusion.

"You?!" He exclaimed.

"Mike." She breathed, a lone tear falling onto his cheek. He blinked at the warm drop as it slithered to his ear, noticing the tears that tracked down her face. He sat up as she crawled off of him, her face turning red as she brushed her hair behind her hair.

"You're crying." He stated, wiping the tear from his cheek. She looked up at him, her eyes wide, her face emotionless. "Why?"

"I-" Suddenly a crunch from behind interrupted them. They spun around and came face to face with five children looking at them with a blank stare. They all seemed to be around the same age with similar clothing styles but all in different colors. There were four boys and one little girl. One boy with black skin wore a blue shirt with a headband of bunny ears around his head, and another boy with fair skin and red hair stood in an orange shirt, clasping to a hook in his right hand. A boy with olive skin stood next to him with a top hat and a striped yellow shirt staring at the two of them like the rest. The one little girl had long blonde hair pulled up in ponytails and wore yellow clothing. The last boy was blonde and wore a brown striped shirt, staring directly at them. They rose to their feet slowly, their breath caught in their throats as they grew wary of these strange children.

"What's this?" Mike asked, his tone more aggressive than he wanted to come out. He glanced toward Anastasia but she gave him the same look of confusion that was painted on his face. They continued to stare at the children, all of their eyes except the blonde boy looking straight passed them. "Who are you?" Mike pegged, but the children did not respond. They didn't even move an inch. A light breeze blew passed them, their hair swaying in the wind. The trees bristled to the cool breeze, a few leaves and needles falling to the padded ground. "That car. Did you see that car? Did you see what happened?" Mike continued to interrogate the children, adrenaline still pumping throughout his system. Anastasia squinted and turned down the dirt road beneath the trees. The tire tracks were still evident in the leaves. "Did you see who took my brother?" Anastasia whipped her head, her eyes wide. She opened her mouth to speak but she had gotten out just a crack of a word when the children darted in different directions. "Wait! No!" Mike burst.