Chapter II// pt.1

"Hey Jace, I needa step out for a bit. Do you mind watching the store alone for a few hours?" Tristin said putting his head on his hands making puppy eyes at me. "That's fine mijo. go ahead, do what you gotta do that's so much more important, rather than staying here with me." I playfully rolled my eyes and patted his head.

He got up dramatically and throw a piece of paper at me. "Hey, just so you know I appreciate all of your hard work. Also, I rather be here with the most prettiest girl in town." 

"Not funny Tristin, besides I don't need you here anyways; I'm all the company that I need for the night." I say while dancing around like a clown. "Wow, that's how it is now." He shook his head in disbelief trying so hard not to laugh. "By the way nice dance moves bozo." He said while grabbing his keys walking towards the exit. "See ya later, don't have to much fun without me." I waved him goodbye and just like that he was on his merry way.

When I first moved here Tristin was the only person I knew for a while, he was like a brother to me. He made sure that I didn't get into any type of trouble, he helped me get this job that I love so much.

A few hours had passed, making it a slow night for me. usually it's packed during the evening shift, but since it's the weekend people are probably out partying which is understandable. I was listening to music to help with the boredom when a song that I haven't heard in a while played.

The song was called: Talk On The Street, It's by a band of boys who use to go to our school, their band name is GretaVanFleet. The band consisted of the kiszka brothers Josh, Jake, and the younger brother Sam, plus a really good friend of theirs, Danny Wagner.

I personally didn't know the boys but their music was amazing. since I had been homeschooled for the first 2 years, I missed out on a lot of things that happened during that time. I didn't even know what the boys look like, I heard a lot of good things about them though. All that I knew is that the lead singer had the voice of a god.

I couldn't help but sing along to it, as I was alone in the store by myself, or so I thought I was until I heard movement around the corner . "Hello, may I help you?" I called out to catch their attention to let them know that i knew that they were inside.

"Damn, she got us." A voice called out coming back from around the corner towards me. "Hi, I'm sorry to bother you, we weren't sure if the store was still open, so we walked in on you singing and didn't want to disturb you."  He Leaned over the counter waiting for me to say something.

"My name is Blake, and that over there is chase." He said holding out his hand for a handshake, Hoping that it would get my attention. "Oh my bad, my name is jacelynn. How could I help you?" I reached over the counter as well to shake his hand.

The two guys had on hoodies, and masks covering up their faces as well. I couldn't tell if they were hiding from someone or if it was really cold outside. I wonder if they're safe to be around, I'm never to sure I guess.

"Well, Jacelynn it's nice to meet you, I don't think I've seen you around here before." I took my hand back as he did the same. They gave off a weird vibe, but seemed really nice. "It's really nice to meet you as well, and yes we're open." I got out from behind the counter, and walked over to my phone pausing the song, letting him speak clearly.

"So, are you new here." He walked over to me with a curious look on his face. "Kind of? I've been here for 3 years now."  My phone rang while I was talking, It was my mom. "I'll be right with you, my mom is calling." I walked away and answered the phone.

"Hi, mom"

"Hey Honey, I bought you food, i'm calling to  let you know that I'll be dropping it off soon."

"Oh okay, I could've waiting till I got home."

"That's not necessary, also me and dad are going out tonight. You can invite the girls to sleep over if you want, I know you don't like to socialize at parties or being left alone."

"Ok yeah, I'll give them a call. Are you outside now?"

"Yes, yes I am."

"Alr, I'll be right there."

The two boys were discussing on what vinyl records to collect, So I ended the call and walked outside towards my mom who waved me down. " hey there you are, thank you once again for the food." I reached over taking the bag from my mom. "You're welcome, Don't forget this" she handed me a cup of soda "be safe driving home later, I love you." I  gave her an 'ily2' while she drove off.

I walked back in the store, setting my things down. I wasn't sure where the boys had went but it didn't really matter because they were the least of my worries. I was just wondering what time Tristin would be back.

"Jacelynn, we're ready." I turned my head to see who had called me. "Oh chase, right? I'll be right there. I wasn't sure if you both were still here." I walked behind the counter, and started scanning the vinyl records they got. 

"I'm blake and that's chase, I'm his twin brother." He laughed it off and shook his head."I apologize, The total comes out to $85.30, I see that y'all come here often?" I looked up with a smile on my face, trying to make it seem like I was less embarrassed than I originally was. "Yeah, it's our favorite place to stop by when things get rough."

He handed me the money, and grabbed the bag of records "That's, understandable. Also $15.70 is going to be your change back." I handed the bag over to him. "Thank you, for stoping by and visiting, hope to see you next time."

For the rest of the night I waited around for Tristin. Eventually he came back, and I told him all about the talkative situation I was in. He just laughed at how awkward I was, I did do my best to be more responsive. After everything was done I went home.

-Author note-
Hello, I didn't mean to make this one long and for that I apologize.
I'm working on a part 2 of this chapter but someone else p.o.v.
I would also like to thank you for reading along.