006

september 18th, 2023
1:58 pm

"AND SHE JUST RAN?" Miles asked in a skeptical tone, his arms crossed in front of his chest as he stood above Quentin as a spot

"AND SHE JUST RAN?" Miles asked in a skeptical tone, his arms crossed in front of his chest as he stood above Quentin as a spot. The rest of the training gym was empty except for the duo, leaving Miles' voice to echo off the blue and orange accented walls.

"Yep," Quentin grunted in response, more focused on the bench pressing the barbell than he was on Miles' skepticism.

"Well..." Miles trailed off with a shrug, "What did you do to her?"

"Why," Quentin grunted as he continued to lift, "Do you think that I did something? Maybe it was her just being weird."

"I figured you had to have done something," Miles shrugged once more and Quentin's nose twitched in irritation. The man rolled his eyes, "Do me a favor and put the twenty-pound weights on, will ya?"

Miles slid each designated weight on both sides of where the barbell was resting above Quentin's head, "Just... Start from the top?"

Quentin blew out a breath, before sitting up, turning to his friend, and repeating the story for what seemed like the tenth time, "I'm sitting there with Anjali, we're having dinner and we're talking. The conversation turns to what we do for jobs and when I told her I'm in the league, she gets up and walks out."

Miles snorted, "That's a first. At least you know she's not a gold digger."

Quentin laid back underneath the bar and raised both arms to grip the dumbbell properly for a moment and then dropped his limbs, "No, she's something else completely."

Miles raised an eyebrow at his tone, "Something you like?"

Quentin didn't respond, choosing to lift both arms to the barbell and continue to benchpress.

Miles thought for a second then shook his head, "You talked to Tyler yet?"

And he had moved from one uncomfortable topic to the next.

"Jesus, Miles. We don't talk. We don't know each other." Quentin slightly snapped, "Can you please just shut up and act as a spot or go somewhere else in the room?"

Miles was silent for a moment, "Just one last thing then I'll shut up, okay?" Quentin closed his eyes in an attempt to gain some patience with one of his closest friends and Miles seemed to take his silence as permission to continue.

"You're gonna be living in the same building with this girl, at least clear the air so you can get your mail and shit without looking over your shoulder." Quentin groaned in annoyance at Miles' valid point before sitting up once more, "Fine, fine. Now will you act as a spot?"