VOID AWAKENING

Void (12:00 a.m.- The Void Opening)

Void was once two separate entities; a human man, and a plasma child from the stars.

The "child" was actually a lot older than the guy because of different time passages in space...however, in the time of stars, it was young, a toddler perhaps. It resided on an asteroid in the belt of this solar system with two other children who it considered its comrades.

At some time there was a collision that broke the rock and distanced it from its only company. The piece of rock that the child floated on drifted for a while before it started getting pulled by the gravity of planets.

The rock passed Mars and hit Earth, landing in deep waters. The child was washed up by currents and creatures, unconscious through it all, and seldom picked at, as nothing understood it or could withstand it. Somehow, its form protected it from the water, unable to snuff out the heat that resided in its body.

Civilians saw it on a beach, perhaps a week or two after it crashed, flocking to it like the latest attraction in a zoo. Officials were called to check out the commotion, and when they showed up, the first thing they did was prod and poke. The child did not look remotely like anything they'd ever seen creature-wise, but was human-sized, about as large as an average seven-year-old. It simply was like a condensed star, full of light and very flammable.

The child, who'd been unresponsive, looked around. Strange beings stood and crowded it, like the walls of a crater, shielding it from the distant light of that big ball of gas so it could rest. When it realized that these things were reaching for it, trying to touch it for reasons unknown, it panicked.

A shockwave left its form, blowing back anyone within twenty feet of the wave. The child could not move, only look around in fear as the beings approached in numbers again. One in particular managed to grab it, but the child did something none of them expected: there were layers to the creature holding the star child, and when it touched an exposed lower layer, the gelatin-like light that was in the being's hands was absorbed into them.

The guy had just become the creature. He'd only meant to hold it, but it made contact with his skin, and he was falling to his knees, fighting a feeling of what he could only describe as his internal organs burning.

The child's form had broken apart and spread through this man like cancer, attaching to anything it could, while trying to figure out how to move away from this crowd of others like this one. It was taking complete control of this new form.

Officials grabbed the dying man, who's terrified and pained screams echoed across the shore and everyone watched in horror as he spat up blood, vomited, and convulsed with anguish. Whatever that creature was doing was killing him.

The man was taken to a stretcher, where they had to perform chest compressions as he became unresponsive, his skin blotchy and his eyes distant.

They never got a response.

The next time the body moved, they were sure it was witchcraft, as he'd sat up, despite the straps on his body, looking around panicked.

Trying to hold him down was tougher now, as whatever had taken over was stronger than they thought. They tried sedation but that just made it agitated, and it broke the straps of the stretcher, another shockwave leaving the body. The creature realized the extra parts it had now, could push away these vile things, and it utilized that. Shakily, it flopped off of the stretcher, blasting and pushing anyone back that tried to come near it.

Those who did manage to get a hold on it were severely burned, as the body this creature now inhabited took on its heat. It was almost like it was cooking the poor man's reanimated vessel, but the skin never fully eroded, only developing darker spots that grew larger.