FORMING THREADS

"I'm sorry, but the muzzle stays on so your mouth won't try to eat me, thank you." Void told this weird monster.

He couldn't heal the damage that had been done, but it didn't seem to affect the monster's consciousness any more than that rock that caused it, had.

"Will that do anything? Are you capable of healing?" he asked, gesturing to the unsettling wound on her head.

"When I rest, I will heal. Thank you, kind leader..." Whisper spoke, its voice matching its name at the moment.

The muzzle was still situated comfortably around her jaw, allowing her to talk, but not much more than that.

Whisper somehow used her ghostly body's seemingly existent matter, to elevate the solid head that had been stuck on the ground. She settles herself comfortably, the heavy cloak giving her the appearance of crossed legs under it. The workings of Whisper were quite lost to Void, he couldn't make sense of her anatomy and how they worked together at all. He had to fight a grimace.

Nonetheless, he shook himself, sitting down in front of her, legs crossed as well.

"Oh, please, I dragged you through like five layers of dimension and embedded a rock in your skull, that's less than the least I can do." Void scoffed, "And none of that leader stuff, I'm hardly a good example of such. Just Void is fine." he dismissed.

"But you..." Whisper trailed off.

"I?" he questioned.

"You spared my life. You didn't have to do that."

"It wasn't my intention to kill you in the first place, only to stun you. Which worked too well. I figured maybe I could get you to talk to me. I've been searching for conscious monsters for years in this place."

"Conscious? My...V-Void, all of these creatures are conscious." Void sighed at her correction of addressing him. He'd have to get used to that, he guessed.

"Conscious enough to speak as you do?"

"Well..."

"I thought as much. Speaking of which, how exactly do...you...work? You don't even have a full neck to be able to speak! Though I guess that would explain the voice distortion."

Whisper tilted its head, "What do you mean?"

"When you speak, your voice doesn't sound solid, it's almost like a passing memory. Also, you have no body as far as I can tell, and your head took so much damage I'm surprised you are conscious. Let's not even get started on the white-hole that is supposed to be your mouth!"

"Oh, yes, my body was taken from me when I first emerged. I did once possess limbs, and could switch between translucency and solidity when I needed." Whisper answered matter-of-factly, and not like someone who had indeed been stripped of her body.

Void's claws subconsciously scratched at its arms, brows furrowed.

"Even your head?"

"Yes, even my head," Whisper confirmed, slightly amused.

"Who...your body was just taken? Like that?"

"I was barely conscious enough to notice when it happened. Whatever took it was very powerful, and I hadn't been alive for more than a Night Cycle, I'd assume. This cloak was to give the illusion of normalcy to others, it is bound to my head."

"Did it...were you..." Void couldn't get the words out. He'd been shared the moments of his creation, from Stephen and Aster. Though it wasn't exactly losing a body, he knew the things that made his body become what it was now were no light matter. He could never imagine actually losing it, though. The thought had him sinking his nails into his arms.