000 - ARE WE STILL FRIENDS

ℳ| In which the life of pokémon       Is harder than they thought it                              would be

       Is harder than they thought it
                              would be.

DON'T SAY GOODBYE, SMELL YOU LATER.

SHE SAT IN THE WOODS, her head leaning against the tree as her eyes were focused in her lap where her book was settled

SHE SAT IN THE WOODS, her head leaning against the tree as her eyes were focused in her lap where her book was settled. Soon enough, she looked up to give her eyes a break. The flowing of the leaves filled her eyes and thumbs as the glass fluttered against her feet as if ticking her to get a reaction.

Her lips turned into a frown with the sound of footsteps coming towards her direction, ruining the calm moment. "Anari!"

She sighed already knowing who the boy her age was, she could always recognize him. And sometimes it got on her nerves, " Yes, Leon." He moved his body in front of her as he finally made it to her.

Soft pants came from his mouth but were covered by an over-excitement grin on his face as he flopped onto the ground. Her eyebrow raised at his behavior, it looked like he ran a marathon or something. That's when her eyes dropped to see what was in his hands, " Guess what I got you."

She sighed closed her book and set it aside. She put her hands on her lap. " Flowers." His grin slowly turned into embarrassment as his cheeks burned a rosy color, he realized he was holding the flowers in front of him— not his back. " Oh. Yeah! You got it. I found dandelions by the lake and wanted you to have them since you remind me of them."

She stared blankly at him before softly taking the flowers out of his hands, she wasn't going to deny them just because she didn't like Leon. A little.
She stared at the followers who were rustling in the breeze before looking up at him. " How do I remind you as a dandelion?"

He blinked for a few seconds before rubbing the back of his neck, " Well... they can grow virtually anywhere, like how you can be, and go anywhere you want without having to worry about anything. And how beautiful dandelions need particular environments to grow, you like to find a comfortable place to sit and read every day."

She couldn't help but let out a small snort which made Leon gape at her, she barely even let out a smile being next to him. " Woah! You laughed. You should keep doing that." She cleared her throat and crossed her arms, her eyes looking in another direction. Leon couldn't tell if it was because she was embarrassed or uninterested in the conversation.

" Anything else you want to say to me?"
He nodded his head eagerly and fiddled with something in his pocket before taking it out of his pocket, " Watch."

He threw it into the air as a light bluish light appeared and moved to her lap as sn orangish Pokemon came out. Itgad a mid-length tail as a lighting flame stood at the end of it as it stared at her with a smile.

" This is Charmander! I caught him and we just had our first Pokémon battle!" She couldn't lie. It was impressive. Charmanders shape into fascinating Pokémon if treated right, and Leon seemed like the right person to do it.

" Charmander!" She picked it up under its arms before placing it gently on the ground next to him. " I have to go." Leon was about clutch on her wrist, before hesitating and letting his arm lose by his sides. He sighed before his eyes trailed to her book next to it. " Oh she left this- Wait, this isn't a book, it's a journal!"

He leaped towards the notebook before opening it in a laying position but immediately closing it after. " Would Anari want me going through her stuff... Yeah, she probably would." He started humming a tune before opening the notebook again.

His tune died down slowly after reading the first sentences that were written down. He slowly sat up as his Charmander looked at him worryingly, "Charmander?"

He smiled sadly before shaking his head." It's fine, Charmander. You just get some rest." He returned his Pokémon his Pokeball as he looked towards the ground, tears forming in the corner of his eyes slowly trailing down the rest of the bottom of his eyes.

" Why didn't she tell me she was moving..."