𝟬𝟬𝟭. 𝘆𝗮𝗻𝗰𝘆 𝗮𝗰𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗺𝘆

𝗺𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲
( 𝟬𝟬𝟭 . . . 𝘆𝗮𝗻𝗰𝘆 𝗮𝗰𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗺𝘆 )

 𝘆𝗮𝗻𝗰𝘆 𝗮𝗰𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗺𝘆 )

RORY HATED ACTING. Annoyingly, Grover was a natural. Once a year she was dragged away from Camp to join Grover on one of his project/expeditions, to find more half-bloods. She wasnt particularly against leaving camp perse, as being cooped up and not allowed to leave the perimeter got pretty old. Point was, Rory hated pretending, and she sucked at lying.

All the kids piled out of the school bus, an old piece of yellow metal that was struggling to balance on its creaky wheels.

The school Rory was currently enrolled in wasnt an average, typical, normal school. Unlike what you would think of when you heard Yancy Academy, a snobbish sounding private boarding school in upstate New York, it was the complete opposite. It was a school for troubled kids, or delinquents Chiron always reminded her. After learning that she herself was a demi-god, Rory realized that troubled kids was a term that was often misused.

Chiron was disguised as Mr. Brunner, Rorys Latin teacher at Yancy. His current look, wasnt exactly something she was used to. Every time she saw him, she had to suppress a snort at the way he looked, hiding his half human torso and horse bottom. But he covered himself well, Rory thought. He sat himself in a motorized wheelchair, looking normal and human.

To put it frankly, in the simplest terms, the bus ride into the city was awful. Rory was more than glad to be putting as much space as possible between her, the smelly bus of manic kids, and Nancy Bobofit.

Nancy and Rory were not friends. In fact, they despised one another. She was a ginger with freckles dotting the entirety of her face, anger-issues and kleptomania running through her veins. If Rory didnt know anything, she couldve thought that Nancy was a descendant of Hermes himself. But that was an insult to the god of thievery, and she knew Hermes would chuck her out of the bus himself if she ever thought so low of him again.

At the start of the year, when Rory was brand new to the school, Nancy and her friends thought it a great opportunity to welcome the new girl to Yancy, attempting to give her a swirly on the third-floor girls restroom. Rory quickly shut that down though, pushing Nancy into the water fountain outside on the school lawns when no one was looking, knowing that she wouldnt get in trouble. Safe to say Nancy and her friends never tried Rory again. However, that didnt mean that they would stop the withering glares and harsh comments they spoke underneath their breaths when Rory passed.

Grover limped into line with Rory, brushing out crumbs of a peanut butter and ketchup sandwich from his hair. Rory could only guess that the sandwich had belonged to Nancy, as they all openly laughed at Grover from afar.

The only other person who seemed to not cower under Nancys mean exterior and bully tendencies was Percy Jackson, the only other friend Rory had at the moment.