Chapter 5

I headed for the back of the Impala.

"Sit up front," Dean suggested. "I'm sure Sam won't mind riding in the back."

He continued in a sort of hint, hint voice.

Sam sighed and we switched spots. We drove for maybe five minutes before Dean broke the silence.

"Bekah, I'm really sorry about earlier. I didn't kn-"

"It's fine," I said cutting him off. I smiled. "He's not much of a boyfriend anyways." I muttered under my breath."

"What do you mean?" Dean inquired.

"Carter isn't usually available to hang out these days. For a few months he's just been "really busy" and hasn't had time for dates or even calling or texting." I said.

"Im sorry," Dean replied. "You deserve better."

"Thanks." I laughed.

And after that, we went back to silence.

By the time we reached the cemetery, it was almost pitch black. We pulled up to the curb and Sam and Dean went to the trunk. They opened it and lifted up a hidden panel, revealing dozens of weapons and so many other things. Sam grabbed a flashlight, a gun, a shovel and salt round ammo. Dean grabbed salt, gasoline, matches and a shovel.

"I can help you carry some of that Dean." I offered, holding out my hands.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm not a princess. I can handle it." I laughed, grabbing the salt, gasoline and tucking the matches into my back pocket.

We walked around the cemetery for a while before we found his headstone. Dead flowers were leaning against it. I moved them aside and stepped to the side as Sam and Dean began digging. Now that things were slowing down, well, not really but,my head was spinning. Ghosts, Elena dead, burning bodies. It's just a lot to process. Dean told me about all of it when we were dating but I never believed him.

I was drawn out of my thoughts by the sound of their shovels hitting wood. They drove their shovels into the coffin until it cracked. Sam busted it open and Dean came over to me and grabbed the salt, gasoline and matches. And handed me an iron crow bar.

"If you see anything, swing at it with this." He instructed grimly.

I nodded and gripped the bottom of the bar, looking around the graveyard. Dean opened the salt and started pouring it on Jason's body, I felt like I was going to be sick. I knew him when he was alive. And now I'm helping to burn his body.

Ugh, I feel awful.

Sam took the gasoline and started squirting that on Jason. Dean struck the match. I saw something out if the corner of my eye. It was right near Sam and Dean. It was Jason.

I must be going insane.

Jason's pale, ghostly arm shot straight into Dean's chest. Dean went rigid and made a choking noise. Instinct kicked in and I darted over to him, swinging the crowbar into Jason's head. He disappeared. Dean relaxed and let out a breath. Getting back to the task at hand, he struck a new match and dropped it onto Jason's body. Jason's ghost appeared once more and tried to strike Sam but couldn't muster the strength. He let out one long scream, and burned up.