Tell me who did this to you Merlin.

Chapter Synopsis: Merlin and Arthur are in a relationship but not yet married. Merlin is head servant in the royal household and whilst he gets on well with all the other servants, there's one who hates Merlin and is jealous of his position and that's the stable boy Thomas. One evening after leaving the kings chambers Merlin finds a note on the floor asking him to check on the kings horse, Merlin goes to the stables only to find Thomas waiting for him in the dark.

Thomas ties Merlin up and beats him out of jealousy and hatred, when he's done he dumps Merlin's unconscious body in the dried up moat where Gwaine finds him the next morning.

*~*~*~*~*

If anyone had told Merlin that when he left Ealdor and went to Camelot to stay with his mothers friend Gaius, he'd fall in love with the kings son Arthur Pendragon. Whilst King Uther was alive Merlin and Arthur had to keep their relationship a secret but when the King died they could be more free with their relationship, Merlin worked hard to become the best servant he could be and Arthur repaid him with lots of love, gifts and the position of head servant in the royal household. 

Merlin's POV:

Autumn in Camelot was cold, windy and very wet the storms had caused flooding in some areas and many of the outlying villages had been affected. Today was the anniversary of Arthur's mothers death and a lot of the people of Camelot had come and placed flowers on the steps of the castle in her memory, as the afternoon went on I over saw the final preparations for the knighting ceremony that was taking place tomorrow evening. 

As I was replacing the candles I heard footsteps behind me but didn't think much of it and then I felt one of Arthur's strong arms wrap themselves around my waist, he kissed me on the neck before saying 'I've been looking for you' I turned around to face Arthur and said 'Is everything okay sire'. Arthur looked at me his eyes full of love as he said 'Everything is fine I just wanted to say thank you for all your support today I wouldn't have gotten through it without you. There is one thing you could do for me however'.

I gave a small nod and said 'Of course sire anything' Arthur pulled me towards him and said 'Merlin even though your my servant you are also my lover, so please call me Arthur'.

Arthur's lips captured mine in a passionate kiss, I was so caught up in the kiss that I didn't notice someone watching us outside the door. Footsteps pulled us apart and we both turned around and saw Leon standing by the door he looked down at the floor and said 'Excuse me sire but the council have been waiting for you', I squeezed Arthur's left hand and said 'Go on you'd better go sire'.

(Night time. Still Merlin's POV:)

The rest of the day had passed by incredibly quickly and before I knew it me and Arthur were saying goodnight for the evening before I headed back to my room in Gaius's chambers, Arthur kissed me passionately on the lips his hands creeping under my blue shirt and resting on my hips as he said 'I can't wait until we don't have to hide our relationship and I can crown you my king'. I couldn't wait to Marry Arthur and become his king but would the people except me I wasn't from a noble family so would they actually listen to me and respect me, Arthur squeezed my right hand and softly said 'Merlin I can tell your doubting if you'll be a good king and I know you absolutely will be. With you by my side Camelot will flourish'.

After a few more kisses I made my way out of Arthur's chambers, as I stepped out into the hall I noticed a note on the floor it was from Thomas the head stable boy he was asking me to go and check on Arthur's horse as he had, had to go home to look after his mother who was ill. I took Arthur's laundry to the washroom and then headed out into the night, walking quickly across the courtyard to get out of the harsh wind and rain.