{ Prologe }

♡✧⁠*⁠。
---------------------
-------------------------------------

| Athanasia's Pov |

And there I was, in the cell waiting for my execution; I didn't want to die, but there was no other choice for me, father didn't let me prove my innocence, it was obvious that things were going to end this way.

I had nothing left at this point, I didn't even have any hope -God what are you expecting from me? I'm not strong, I'm not especial, what do you want from me? I just don't understand- I wanted to cry but I couldn't, my eyes were dry.

-Princess, its the time already...- said Felix, my fa- his majesty personal guard, he was, for me, the father that I didn't have in my life, when the poison incident happened he defended me, but at the final he couldn't protect me.

-oh... so it's the time already...- I said with a little of sadness.

-Unfortunately yes my princess- said felix with sorrow, not wanting her dear princess to end dying like this.

I got out of the dungeon, and the first thing I saw was a crowd of people waiting for my execution, was I THAT hated by my own people?

After seeing the faces of my people who now hated me I started searching for someone...

...And there he was, far away, my father, the one who send me to that execution.

Was I that bad that I deserved death?

After all I just wanted love, anything else, and why does everyone end up dying if they're special to me?, does that mean that I can't have anyone near me?, Why do you want to steal everything from me? I just wanted to live a pacific life.

When I got to the place of my execution I knew that I had no regrets, that i would die peaceful.

After all I never thought about what i wanted, in the past, I thought that I was in need of my father's love, but now, I understand that was a dumb way of thinking, because even if I die he wouldn't care.

Now that I don't have anything anymore... i'd pray to have a better life in the afterlife, So if there's some god out there... Would you please let me dice in peace?

And so, that happened, soon I heard the sound of the guillotine, but i didn't fell the pain, and that was all for me, after all I knew I would finally be free.

Some time later I still felt as if I had my body, and it was strange, after all I was dead, was I?

I opened my eyes, everything was black 'Where am I?' I thought, it didn't seem like heaven nor hell, so what was that place?

I didn't know what was that place, I mean, was that even a place, is this like a middle place between heaven and hell?

I was so confused, all I knew was that I knew anything about that place.

And- wait, what is that thing? A hole?, no, that's-

a light?...

I tried to reach it, and when I touched it, that thing started to shine so brightly that I couldn't see properly.

I didn't know what was about to happen, I just prayed that, the next time I opened I eyes I didn't see Claude, I didn't want to see him after all he has done to me.

I was scared, but I wanted to see the reality, so I opened my eyes, at the start I couldn't see, but when I started to see properly I saw baby hands... Baby hands?!

I was so confused in that moment, what was happening, I am supposed to be dead,but what is this?! What in the world-

I got out of my thoughts when I heard people coming at my way, i didn't know where i was but i knew that place wasn't the execution room, and that i wasn't 18 anymore

-Why is the baby crying?- what do you mean? Me? i didn't even notice myself.

I wondered from who was that woman's voice, surprisingly it wasn't Lily's voice, and now that i think about it, this doesn't look like the ruby palace either...

My thoughts were interrupted by another woman's voice -Taking care of a baby it's really tiring- she said while sighing, i was wondering if she was my maid, i don't remember her being one of my maids...

-I don't even know why we're still taking care of her- she looked extremely tired

-#@$&@%, you cant say that shes the emperor's child- said one of the maids

-It doesn't matter anyways, the emperor abandoned this child- said the first maid, I started to get really anxious because of what she said, does she meant THAT emperor? no, this can't be happening, i don't want to be his child again

The same maid realized that I was still crying and she tried to calm me down -Oh my lord, will she ever stop making so much noise?- the other girl scolded the first maid because of what she said before, again.

Im sorry but I can't, I didn't even know I was crying, after all I don't want to be his daughter again, why do i have such a bad luck... wait, in the past he said I wasn't his daughter, that means that maybe I'm a illegitimate child... if that's true, that means that i wont meet the emperor if I don't go out when I'm 9 years old, right?

-What with this commotion, what is happening?- I heard another voice, I got my hopes up, but that wasn't Lily's voice.

At that point i was really nervous, because in the room were a bunch of people that i've never met, I never saw them in the Ruby palace, i mean, i was even in the Ruby palace?

-My- greetings for the empress of the Obelia empire- she changed totally when the woman entered the room, just who are these people?

I was so deep into my thoughts that i didn't hear the last thing the maid said what did she say? Can't she repeat it?... I guess not

-Your grace I tried everything, but I couldn't make the lady to stop crying- she looked really nervous, like if she would be punished even if she made the smallest mistake, what is wrong with her, like really

-#@$&@%- the woman saying her name made the maid even more nervous, her voice was firm and calm but with a slight angry tone at the same time

-You can't excuse yourself, I heard everything from the outside, you can't treat her like that- what is happening right now?!

-I'm going to talk with the emperor about this matter- It was clear that the maid was stunned because of what the woman just told her, totally deserved

-Your majesty- I can explain!-said the first maid... Wait, your majesty?! what kind of position she's in?!, is she the empress?, if that's the case, it means that i'm not in Obelia...

-Please get out- she said without looking at her, to be honest It felt weird to be protected by someone that isn't Lily or Felix

Then she looked at me -My poor baby, don't cry anymore your mom's here now- what do you mean- hold on, you're my mom?! I never had one -Now, don't cry anymore, this won't happen again-

She made me let my guard down, her voice was so gentle, it made me feel sleepy, and without noticing I fell asleep in those warm arms

--------------------------------------
♡✧⁠*⁠。

Hi!, Well this is my first history so I hope you liked this first chapter (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)⁠❤

I really give my best in this first chapter
(Sorry for the bad English, it isn't my first lenguaje)