Chapter Nine

Tony Stark was furious as he headed to Morgan's school. Pepper was with him.
"Send her to school you said. It will be fun you said," he muttered as the car pulled up.
"I didn't think she'd get in trouble on the very first day," Pepper sighed.
"I'm going to kill Peter next time I see him."
"It's not his fault she went after a girl," Pepper said.
"He could have stopped it," Tony muttered as they got out of the car.
They were taken to the principal's office, where Morgan and Ashley were sitting with bits of mashed potato stuck in their hair. Despite it, Tony had to hide a laugh.
The principal greeted them before explaining things.
"Your daughter should be suspended for starting a fight on her first day," he said as Morgan looked down.
"But since you explained her situation to me before, maybe detention will get the point across," he said as he eyed Morgan.
"Whatever punishment you see fit," Pepper said as she looked at her daughter.
"She started this whole thing," Ashley said as she blinked back tears.
"I dropped my tray. I don't see how that's an attack," Morgan replied. The principal sighed.
"You will have detention for the rest of the week after school," he said.
Morgan glared at Ashley as she kept up the victim card and bawled her eyes out. High school was going to be hell.
Chapter
Tony picked up Morgan later after she served detention and went back home.
"So how was school?" Steve asked as he looked up from a book.
"I hate people!" Morgan screeched as she headed for her room. She slammed the door shut.
"And you're grounded!" Tony yelled after her.
"Rough day?" Steve asked.
"Some kid made fun of her and she dropped her lunch tray on them," Tony replied as Steve laughed.
"So she got in a food fight?"
"Yeah, and now she has detention for the rest of the week. Maybe school was a bad idea," Tony sighed.
"She needs to be around other kids Tony."
"Yeah but not picking fights with them."
"Wouldn't you have done the same?"
"No. I probably would have punched the girl."
"She fought with a girl?" Steve asked surprised.
"Yeah. Girls are harsh."
"Tell me about it."
"How did you adjust? After being a capsicle?" Tony asked him.
"Well, people still generally act the same, just the technology changed really. People are still good or bad."
"I hope she starts seeing the good people," Tony muttered and left.
Steve waited a few minutes and decided to check on Morgan. Her door was still shut with a Keep Out sign hanging on it. Some things never changed. Steve knocked on the door.
"Go away."
"It's Steve."  He heard some noise as she opened the door.
"What do you want?"
"Just wanted to see if you were okay." She sighed and held the door open for him to come in. She sat on her bed and he sat next to her.
"I'm still sorry for hurting you back at the lab. I thought you were one of them."
"It's okay. Not my first time," Steve smirked as Morgan looked down and smiled.
"I messed up a lot when I first got my powers," Steve said. Morgan laughed.
"Really?"
"Yeah I ran barefoot to catch a guy on the streets. Should have grabbed some shoes."
"Were you really born in 1918?"
"Yes I was."
"You're like a living history book then," Morgan said.
"Suppose so." 
Morgan sighed and looked at her schoolbooks spread out on the other side of her bed.
"Guess I outta catch up on a few things," she said defeated.
"Need any help?" Steve asked as Morgan grabbed a book.
"Depends if you can help me write a couple papers over World War One and Two," she said looking at her homework. Steve smiled.
"I can help you there." Steve ended up helping Morgan with her history homework for a couple hours and he wasn't half bad at English. They sat close together, his hand brushing hers every once in a while.

Note: 1/5/23 Happy New Year! Trying to get back to things. Still not sure how this story is going to go, still waiting for the last season of stranger things to come out and give me more ideas.