•|Chapter 4

Daron walks out to his kitchen, rubbing the tiredness from his eyes. He looks up and sees Danny wolfing down some cereal. He jumps in surprise, but then remembers the events of last night.

"I thought I told you to not ransack my food supply." Daron reminded Danny. "I was hungry!" Danny complained. "You can't just starve me, you know." He continued. "Oh, so I'm supposed to take care of you now?" Daron asked. "Well, no, but I have to eat food, pay you mind." Danny commented. Daron shook his head and couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. "Fine, eat the cereal, I'll buy more soon." He said before walking off and collapsing onto the couch to watch TV.

Danny followed behind Daron and sat down on the couch while chowing down on the cereal. Daron looked at him in confusion before rolling his eyes and just letting him sit there. "So-" Danny speaks with his mouth full, "-Tell me about you, if I'm crashing here I gotta at least somewhat know you." He continued. Daron pondered for a second before responding, "Uh, I play guitar, I'm Armenian, and I like hockey. That enough for ya?" Danny's eyes lit up. "Hold on, you can't tell me you play guitar and just leave it at that! Tell me more about this.. guitar business." A piece of cereal fell out of Danny's mouth, to which he quickly picked it up and chucked it back in his mouth.

"I play for a band-" Daron began. "Go on." "A, uh, Nu-Metal band. System of a Down is our name." Daron continued. Danny seemed intrigued. "Woa, Nu-metal!? Like Korn and Slipknot?!" He exclaimed. Daron chuckled. "Kinda, but we're not as heavy as Slipknot. Or as popular, by any means." "That's still super cool though, even if you're absolute trash. At least you can brag about being in a band." Danny joked. Despite Danny's annoying antics, his compliments were somewhat flattering nonetheless. "I guess it is pretty cool." Daron replied.

Suddenly, Daron's phone rings once again. He sighs and mutters, "God, they're up my ass this week.." before picking up the phone. "Hello?" He asks. Serj responds. "Hey, I was wondering if maybe we could schedule a practice meeting sometime next we-" Serj is quickly cut off. "Who ya talkin to?" Danny noses in to the conversation. Serj pauses before continuing. "Who's that?" He inquires. Daron sighs "Just a visitor, nothing to be worried about." Daron explains. "..right. Okay. Anyways, back to the topic at hand, would a practice session be okay with you? I mean, you don't have to go if you're still having those nightmares or whatever-" Serj gets interrupted once again. "Oi, I'm not just a 'visitor'." Danny crosses his arms. Serj tries to continue again. "I can.. see you're busy. I can call later, if you want." "Wait, no, it's okay! I can come to a practice session. Sorry about my friend here, he's just.. y'know." Daron explains. Danny takes his phrasing as an insult and scoffs. Daron hangs up and turns to Danny. "Please, for the love of god, don't butt into my conversations." He explains. "Whatevs." Danny shrugs.

A few days later and it's as if Daron and Danny are friendly roommates now. Just a week ago Daron was horrified of Danny, and even despite still being a bit scared of the thought of what he could do with those claws and teeth, Daron still hung around with Danny for most of the time.

"You should play me a song." Danny randomly comments out of the blue. "What, like, on the guitar?" Daron asks. "No, on the recorder. ..Yes, on the guitar." Danny teases. Daron playfully punches him due to Danny's sassiness before getting up to search for his guitar. He soon realizes he most likely misplaced it. "Damnit, where's my guitar..?" He mumbles to himself. Suddenly, a long black tentacle reaches past him and wraps around his guitar, handing it to him. Daron's eyes widened in fear a bit as he slowly took the guitar from Danny's tentacle. "..Thanks." He smiled awkwardly.

Danny retracted his tentacles as Daron sat down next to him and positioned the guitar on his lap. "This is a riff I've been working on for our upcoming album.." His fingers begin shuffling around with the guitar, creating a tune Danny found incredibly catchy. He bopped up and down a bit while watching his playing intently. Daron finished with a dramatic chord before looking up at Danny, to which he applauded, making Daron chuckle a little. "Loved that, man. You're like- a lot more talented than I thought you were." Danny nudges Daron with his elbow. Daron looks down at his guitar and smiles. "Thanks."

Daron's eyes wander over to the clock. 12:34 pm. He was planned to leave to go to his practice session with System at around 12:50. He sighs and gets up, gently setting his guitar against the couch. "I'll be right back Danny, I gotta get ready. The band planned a practice session and I kinda have to be there." He says before walking off to his room to get into a change of clothes.

He slips on a t-shirt with a middle finger graphic printed on it and some jeans to go with it before walking out to the living room and snatching his keys from the table. (Sounds familiar..) Danny watched as he grabbed his guitar and stuffed it in his case, propping it up on his back and slipping his shoes on. "Cya, Danny." He waves, opening the door. Danny smiles and waves bye, seeing the door shut behind Daron. Once he's out of sight, Danny smirks mischievously and secretly follows him out.

A/N: Sorry for the weird pause between chapter 3 and chapter 4, making this during the holidays was kind of a bad idea, I should've expected to be busy as hell. Anyways expect new chapters, can't guarantee a balanced schedule, but there'll be new stuff. Bye bye for now! - Lilshoeshine

Word count: 1000