PRΩLΩGUΣ

It was night time, on the island of Galactica. A little girl lay on her bed, waiting for sleep to take over, but in vain, she couldn't fall asleep. "Mumma!" The little girl called out to her mother, who just happened to pass by her bedroom door. Stopping in her tracks, she asked "What is it honey?" "I can't sleep. Could You please tell me a bedtime story?" The little girl pleaded her mother, who just sighed. She came in her room and settled down on her daughter's bed. "So which one do you want me to read? Goldilocks? The Frog Prince? Which One?" However the little girl threw a tantrum, stomping her legs on her bed as she said no three times.

"Alright Alright! First Stop doing that!" The mother sighed in defeat. The little girl admitted. "I know how they go. Could please tell me a story I've never heard of?" Her mother gave it a thought. She closed her eyes for a good 30 seconds before shooting them open. "Well, I suppose I do know one. It's about a crew, who went into the unknown and never returned." Her daughter let out a 'ooo' sound, indicating her mother to narrate The story to her. Her mother chuckled at her goofiness and began narrating.

"Once upon a time...

There lived a historian, well-respected and known for his intelligence. He lived a happy life, With his wife and one kid. He had known everything about his land, of his people and ancestors but even so, he felt that there was something that was left for him to discover. After months of research, he finally found out what was missing.

The Island of Evanescere

This island was said to have disappeared within a week or so. It only stayed in one place for a week or 10 days at maximum. After that, it would change it's position. It was said to be the home to many mystical creatures, Pegasus, Centaurs, Mermaid, you name it. It was a wonder truly.

The Historian became obsessed with finding it. He spent 3 years, neglecting his family and social life And focusing on the island and the island only. After such a long time, he finally managed to find a way to predict the position of the island. He gathered a crew of skilled people to set out on his adventure, and so, they sailed and sailed..."

Her mother came to a pause, something seemed to stir inside her mouth but she never mustered enough courage to force it out. She looked at her daughter and burst out laughing. Her daughter was looking at her mother, lost in her own imagination of the story. Her mouth was a little open and her little hands clutched her blanket tightly and pulled upto her chin. Her mother moved Her hand to Her daughter's chin, closing Her mouth and drawing her attention. "Keep your mouth closed, you don't want a fly to build it's house in there." She joked and the little girl pouted. "Mumma! Not funny!" She paused for a minute and then asked, "What happened after that?"

Her mother sighed, "Nobody knows. All that we know that during their journey, a huge storm hit the sea. So, most people believe that the ship sank and never made it to the island. While the others believe that They did reach but were killed by the creatures who went haywire After seeing humans." "That's... Dark..." The little girl remarked. "What do you think happened?" "Me?" Her mother confirmed, pointing at herself and got a nod. Her mother looked at her affectionately, "well, I think that they reached the island and built a beautiful house there and befriended all the creatures there. They fell in Love with the island and so They never returned back."

Her daughter looked at her awe-struck, "That's such a beautiful ending!" She Said in a tired voice. "Sounds like someone is tired." Her mother remarked and began to get up but her daughter protested, "No, *yawns* I wanna hear one *yawns* more story!" "Now now honey, I'll tell you another one Tomorrow. For Now, sleep." She went towards the door, switched the light off and closed The door behind her.

"Good night mumma..." Her daughter whispered, loud enough for her to hear. And her mother replied,

"Good night Taurus."

-----------------------------------------------------------