Seventeen

The God of Thunder sank to his knees before her, "Forgive me... I failed you."
Namira stared down at him, confused, but Thor went on, "I risked everything, I didn't think. I just... I needed to see you."
Namira's brow rose, "It's only been a week..."
Thor frowned at the downplay of his emotion, "You've been with me pretty much nonstop ever since we met. I don't enjoy being kept from you, it worries me when I don't know how you're doing."

Thor paced the room then, his presence filling the space as he went on, "I can't stand being separated from you, Namira. We came to Olympus together to aid these Olympians and forge the alliance between our realms, yet you and I spend more time apart than ever entirely without cause."
Namira sighed softly, studying the man before her, "Thor, we have responsibilities here. We can't be joined at the hip all the time."
Thor stopped in front of her, his eyes intense, "I know, Namira, but it pains me to be away from you. I feel a need to be connected, close to you. We are a team, are we not?"

Namira nodded, reaching out to grasp Thor's hand, "Of course, my love, but we also have duties to fulfil. We can't neglect our roles among the gods just because we have a need to be together."
Thor sighed, squeezing her hand gently, "It's not just the duties, Namira. I worry about you, especially when you're spending time alone with Ares."
Namira raised an eyebrow, "Ares? Thor, you may know how charming he can be, but you also know where my heart truly lies."
Thor's brow furrowed with insecurity. "I can't help but be wary. I've seen how Ares can sway others with his words and I fear losing you to his charm."

Namira cupped Thor's face in her hands, gazing deeply into his eyes, "Thor, my heart belongs to you. You don't ever have to doubt my love for you, it surpasses all emotion I might feel for others."
Thor sighed, a weight lifting from his shoulders as he looked into Namira's reassuring eyes, "I just... I feel vulnerable here as I'm forced to be away from you. I can't help but wonder if I'm enough for you. I can't help but fear Zeus is trying to help Ares to win you over."

Namira smiled warmly, pressing her lips against Thor's, You are more than enough, Thor. You're my thunder, my strength. No one can replace you in my heart."
Thor's stoic expression softened, his insecurities momentarily eased by Namira's words, "I love you, Namira. Always will."
Namira smiled and nodded, "And I love you, Thor. Don't let these insecurities plague you. Both Ares and Freyr know where you stand compared to them, that's never under threat. It won't ever be."

Thor kissed her then, his arms drawing her into his embrace, a hand wrapping into her hair as he deepened the kiss at her assurance that eased what remained of his earlier unrest.
It had been silly and he was well aware of it, it had been dramatic and truly unnecessary, because he had known these things, "I don't like being parted from you."
Even if it had only been a week.

Namira's lips curved up in a smile as she looked at him, "We'll have to work on that, we can't have you threatening realms like that whenever you feel a little insecure."
Her tone was teasing, light and Thor chuckled in answer, even though he felt the words were true which was echoed in his reply, "I know... But you're not leaving my side the next few days....perhaps not even our bed."

Namira's eyes sparkled with mirth as she turned to Thor, "Thor, this task of ours is crucial. Our worlds depend on this alliance and you and I both know Loki won't help the matter without us forcing him to."
Thor took Namira's hand in his, his touch firm and reassuring, "Don't worry, Namira. I will do everything in my power to forge this alliance between our realms. I failed you today, but I won't do that again."

Thor lifted Namira's hand, placing a gentle kiss upon it, "In the grand tapestry of the cosmos, you are the brightest star. I would traverse realms and face the fiercest foes to ensure your safety and happiness."
Namira's cheeks flushed with a mixture of gratitude and affection, "Your love is a beacon that guides me. With you by my side, I fear nothing."
That wasn't entirely true, Namira feared a lot of things, but with Thor by her side she was always confident that they'd manage.

As they stood on the balcony of their room, overlooking the divine realm of Olympus, Thor and Namira felt a connection that transcended their divine duties. The promise of unity between multiple pantheons was mirrored in the unspoken vows exchanged between them, sealed with a shared gaze that spoke of a love as timeless as the gods themselves.
Thor turned to her then, pressing another kiss to her lips, soft and gentle at first, but swiftly overtaken by passion.
He guided her hand then, "I have such a need for you, Namira. Will you ease my suffering yet again today?"

A light smirk played at his lips even as Namira laughed at his words, "I don't know.... You truly don't deserve it..."
She squealed in glee as he picked her up, her ways always pushing him to simply take charge the way she wanted him too.
His chuckle filled the room as he carried her inside and to their bed, "Perhaps you'll let me earn it then."

Thor's eyes had darkened with passion, his voice hoarse with hungry restraint.
Oh, he'd earn it, alright.

TBC...