8. To be shattered

2000+ words

Note : - English is not my first language and I'm not too good in english. So this update has a lot of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.

Enjoy the chapter 🙂.

______••______••_______••______••______••__

The music which was slow a moment ago was now getting louder every moment due to which Amrita's heart was beating fast. Amrita placed her hand on the right side of her chest, clutched it tight to get her heartbeat back to normal, but it seemed as if the heartbeat was refusing to calm down, her hands began to tremble.

A tear flowed from his eyes and after that other tears flowed. After several attempts to get her heart back to normal, the hand's grip around her chest weakened.

She lifted her eyelids to look in the mirror, her gaze meeting her reflected gaze. Her eyes red from crying over her cruel fate, she was sitting down on a chair in front of the mirror, dressed in bridal attire.

There was everything but happiness in her eyes. A bride got mixed emotions of happiness, nervousness at her wedding, but what Amrita was getting right now was the feeling of everything falling apart before her.

She had never thought in her life, nor had she ever dreamed that her life would bring her to this point where she would be left with no other option but marriage.

Maybe God had written my life like this, I have to accept it.

She thought while wiping her tears. But again tears came out of her eyes.

Amrita became alert as soon as the sound of the door opening echoed in the room. Amrita immediately wiped her tears as shurti came inside the room with Chhaya ji beside her.

She could see them coming down to her through the mirror. "Wow! Di, you look amazing!" Shurti said as she stood in front of the mirror, leaning back with her hands crossed on her chest and a smile on her lips. Amrita flashed her small smile.

She felt a pat on her head, causing her to look towards where Chhaya ji was standing "You look like a princess from a palace, my doll." Said Chhaya ji with tearful eyes. She gots emotional seeing that Amrita has grown up so much that she was getting married. All the memories of Amrita's childhood till now, of them playing, playing pranks with each other, getting emotional and laughing together, flashed before her eyes.

Amrita wrapped her hand around chaaya ji's stomach and hugged her. "Why are you getting emotional? Hmm?" Amrita said with her eyelashes wet and tears started flowing from her eyes again.

Caressing Amrita's back, "As if you aren't getting emotional" Chhaya ji's voice came out breaking due to trying to control her surging emotions.

Amrita moved away from the hug and looked towards Chhaya ji, wiping her tears. "I'm not crying anymore, you shouldn't cry either." Amrita said.

Chhaya ji nodded to her and wiped her tears. She took her face in his hands and placed a kiss on her forehead. Then the camera flashed, "Perfect" Shruti said after taking the photo of Amrita and Chhaya ji.

They both turned away from each other and looked at Shruti who was typing something on her phone "I will post this on my Instagram page with the caption Perfect Duo." Shurti said and placed her phone on the table.

After placing the phone on the table, Shruti looked at herself emotionally. "You two talk amongst yourselves, I have to go to attend the guest" Understanding the emption in Shruti's eyes, Chhaya ji said. both of them wanted to spend some time alone together. She knew Shurti will not express her feelings to anyone better than she can express them to Amrita.