Part 24

Chapter 24 in 2024?! what a coincidence, did I plan this? definitely.... lol im kidding, hahaha i'm not funny sorry. Anyway, happy new year!!!!!!!!!! 

Hope you are having a lovely week <3

------------------

"Jaemin, Yangyang, are you going to join us or just keep talking?!" Jaemin and Yangyang looked at their friends who were standing on the basketball court, watching them sitting on the bleachers.

"We're busy" called Yangyang, turning back to Jaemin "play without us"

"Hm I need gossip" said Chenle, running towards Jaemin and Yangyang "bye"

"Zhong Chenle?!" yelled Renjun "you're the one who wanted to play basketball!!"

"Oh well" called Chenle "I wanna know the gossip"

"Sooo, what's going on?"

"That fucker" scoffed Renjun, "come on let's play! I wanna be on Duckie's team"

"Wait the teams aren't equal" said Jeno, "there's only five of us"

"Chenle, come back here!!" yelled Jisung "we need you to make our teams equal"

"Just a second" called Chenle "its very interesting"

"Its just relationship advice" said Mark, laughing "not a big secret?"

"I might need the advice also" said Chenle "Yangyang is very smart"

"I agree" cheered Jaemin, sighing loudly "I wonder when if Henry is free this afternoon?"

"Oh god not Henry" said Chenle "anything but him"

"Ok now that it's over, can you come now?" asked Jeno "any of you can do"

"Chenle, just go" said Jaemin "you're better at basketball than me"

"I'll play too" said Yangyang "I love basketball"

"What but what about Jaemin?" asked Mark "he shouldn't be alone"

"Oh no its ok" said Jaemin, blushing slightly "I'll just watch"

"You can be the referee" said Jeno, smiling at Jaemin "that way you won't be alone"

"Oh okay" said Jaemin "just a disclaimer, I've never been a referee so I'm sorry"

"Don't worry Jaem" chuckled Chenle "I bet you'll be great"

"Wait does basketball have referees?" asked Jaemin, walking to the court side "or are you just adding one in?"

"No!" teased Jisung "we would never"

"I'm pretty sure there are referees in most sports" said Donghyuck "and there definitely is a referee in basketball"

"Oh" blushed Jaemin "ok, let's go!"

--------------------------

"We have sixty seconds left on the clock!" exclaimed Jaemin, looking at his watch as his friends were playing "Team Renhyucksung are leading with 10 points to Team Marknoyang who have 8 points"

"The game is pretty intense!"

"Who is going to win?"

"No offence Minnie, I love you and all" said Chenle, as he passed the basketball to Jeno "but I thought you were the referee?"

"I am both" said Jaemin "its called multi-tasking"

"And you totally are the master at that" teased Renjun, as he took the ball from Jeno 

"Shut up" scoffed Jaemin, playfully rolling his eyes "just keep playing"

"Thirty seconds left!"

Mark took the ball from Renjun and passed it to Jisung who then passed it to Jeno. There was only a matter of time before the time ran out, he quickly took his shot, throwing the ball towards the hoop as everyone watched with anticipation.

"Ten seconds left!"

With each second passed, the ball got closer and closer to the hoop. Team Marknoyang cheered loudly as Team Renhyucksung watched nervously.

"Nine!"

"Eight!"

"Seven!"

"Six!"

"Five!"

"Four!"

"Three!"

"Two!"

"One!"

The ball went into the hoop. Team Markno had won.

"We won!!" yelled Mark, pulling Jeno into a kiss "we did it!"

"Congrats guys!" chuckled Donghyuck, as he kissed Renjun's forehead "you deserved it but we'll beat you next time"

"Well done guys" cheered Yangyang, as he high-fived his teammates "we all played pretty well"

"Let's go to a restaurant to celebrate!" cheered Mark, holding Jeno's hand "My treat"

"Ooh the winner's paying for the dinner?" said Jaemin, wrapping his arm around Chenle's shoulder "I can live with that"

"You're just saying that cause you didn't play" teased Jisung, playfully rolling his eyes 

"Am not!" said Jaemin, lightly hitting Jisung "stop twisting my words"

"Uh-huh" chuckled Jisung, as he held Jaemin's phone "and what would Henry have to say about this?"

"Park Jisung, you get back here" yelled Jaemin, running after him "don't you dare text him!"

"Why does our hangouts always end up with people chasing each other?" sighed Renjun, as Jaemin ran after Jisung 

"I have no idea" laughed Mark "but it makes them much better"