till death do us part ❞

"GRIEF"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀IN THE QUIET TOWN OF GWANGJIN, where the autumn leaves whispered their secrets to the wind, lived a young woman named Byul. Her heart carried the weight of a love that transcended the boundaries of life and death. Sunghoon, her beloved, had departed from this world too soon, leaving behind a void that echoed in the corridors of her soul.

Sunghoon and Byul shared dreams, laughter, and countless sunsets that painted the sky in hues of pink and orange. Their love had been a melody, a symphony that played in the background of their lives. But destiny, with its unpredictable strokes, had separated them. Sunghoon's sudden departure in a tragic accident left Byul in the wake of sorrow, grappling with the harsh reality of his absence.

As the seasons changed, so did Byul. Her once vibrant eyes now held a melancholic gaze, and the laughter that used to dance on her lips had been replaced by the silent echoes of memories. However, in the stillness of the night, when the world around her slept, Sunghoon's presence manifested itself in the most extraordinary ways.

Byul would often find herself wandering through the familiar paths they had once walked together. It was during these solitary moments that the boundary between the living and the departed blurred. A soft breeze would carry whispers that seemed to echo Sunghoon's laughter, and the rustle of leaves would mimic the sound of his footsteps beside her.

The echo of his laughter haunted the rooms they once filled with shared stories and whispered confessions. Each corner of their home became a silent witness to the love blossoming and the void that now lingered. Byul's days unfolded like a fragile parchment, where the ink of joy had faded, leaving behind the indelible marks of grief.

The sound of a familiar melody or the scent of his favourite cologne became poignant triggers, unravelling the tightly wound threads of her composure. She would trace her fingertips over the remnants of his presence—a forgotten jacket, a necklace gifted to her—craving the tactile connection that had been abruptly severed.

Grief manifested in waves, crashing against the shores of her consciousness. Some days, it was a gentle breeze, a melancholic hum in the background of her routine. Other times, it was a tempest, an overwhelming force that left her breathless in its wake. The absence of his physical warmth became a chilling reminder of the void he had left behind.

"TREASURES"

Months after Sunghoon's passing, Byul found herself drawn to the attic of their shared home. Dust-laden memories lingered in every corner, and the air was thick with the bittersweet essence of the life they once shared. As she rummaged through old trinkets and forgotten relics, her fingers grazed a weathered box tucked away in a corner.

Curiosity sparked, Byul opened the box to find a collection of letters tied with a ribbon worn by time. The handwriting on each envelope bore Sunghoon's distinctive touch, a script she could recognize anywhere. A mix of emotions flooded her as she realized these were letters he had written but never had the chance to share.