༺ 31 - the yule ball.

❀✿❀✿

| THE YULE BALL |

"Fraternising with the
enemy!"

❀✿❀✿

"LORA, LORA, WAKE UP!" Hermione nudged her best friend on Christmas morning, also the day that the anticipated Yule Ball would be happening, Alora stirred in her bed but did not wake, this was a normal occurrence every morning. "Oh, Alora. It's Christmas!"

"What?" Alora rubbed her eyes tiredly, she was in a dream of winning the Quidditch World Cup and frankly wanted to get to the end of it, "no, I haven't collected the trophy yet.." she muttered, half-asleep.

"Wake up, let's go open presents!" Hermione nudged her one last time, "Parvati and Lavender just woke up, too, let's go!"

"What time were you up?" Alora yawned, she had finally mustered up some energy and sat up.

"I've been up for an hour,"

The girls finally got up and sat around like they'd usually do, they decided to carry on with the Secret Santa tradition they'd do every year. Alora got Lavender a set of golden bracelets, Lavender got Hermione and gave her a cute book, Parvati got Alora and gave her a butterfly hair decoration to match her own, and lastly Hermione got Parvati and gave her a perfume.

She also got other presents from that, which where just as thrilling -- a whole set of Muggle fairytales from Hermione, a box of sweets from Hagrid, a set of lilac bracelets and an attached letter from Sirius, Ron had gotten her something to do with hairstyles with an attached note saying that Ginny helped, a lilac ring from Harry, and more from her aunt, uncle, Aria, Cedric and Odette.

She had also received the usual awaited 'A' jumper from Mrs Weasley, which was in her usual purple colour.

Hermione and Alora met up with Harry and Ron in the common room, they thanked the girls for their presents and vice versa. They headed down to breakfast together and then spent the pleasant morning in Gryffindor Tower, where everyone was enjoying their presents, they then returned to the Great Hall for lunch which included at least a hundred turkeys and Christmas pudding with large piles of Cribbages Wizarding Crackers.

Alora still hadn't told anyone about her Yule Ball 'date', she knew how people like Ron who had a grudge against Cedric would react, so she decided for everyone to know when the ball had started.

In the afternoon, they headed out into the grounds; the snow was untouched except for the deep channels made by the Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students on their way up to the castle. Alora and Hermione, although wanting to join in on the snowball fight, decided to stay out of it, and get ready.

"What, you need three hours?" said Ron, looking at the both of them with a frown on his face, he then shrugged when the two of them waved goodbye and headed away, "who're you both going with?" he called, but they didn't answer.

Alora decided to invite Odette and Aria to get ready, even if Aria wasn't going she didn't want to exclude her from something so eventful, they all spaced out in her common room, Parvati put Alora's black  hair into a half-up-half-down style, decorated in a light silver glitter and the butterfly she'd gifted her earlier.

"Lora, your hair is so pretty." she said when she straightened it out, "let me get my mirror," she hurried over to the bathroom, and took out the large mirror she kept, "do you like it? I think it looks great, it will suit your makeup."

Alora's face immediately fell into a soft smile, it was possibly the most beautiful she'd ever seen her hair before, it was a little wavy, but it was in a sturdy shape, the glitter looked like her hair was a dusted constellation in space. "Thank you," she grinned.