The argument (crawly persp)

"And you told him just where he could stick it then" I said I can't believe he wold ask me to become an angel again, I mean doesn't he know what I went through.
"Not at all" he said he's smile fading.
"Oh we're better than that, you're better than that Angel. You don't need them, I certainly don't need them. They asked me back to hell and I said no I'm not going to be joining their team, neither should you!" I feel a lump forming in my throat I thought he was better than this.
"Well of course you said no to hell you're the bad guys" he answered, are you kidding me.
"But heaven is well, the side of truth the side of light of good" he keeps going.
"When heaven ends life on earth it will be just as dead as if hell ended it" it feels l like I cold cry.
"Tell me you said no!" I say thinking about everything I was going to tell him. I was gonna tell him I loved him, and now he is rambling on about heaven.
"If I am in charge I can make a difference" I don't believe him, he is just gonna leave me. AFTER ALL THIS, WE WENT THROUGH LITERAL ARMAGEDDON TOGETHER!

I start pacing around the room
"Ok if I am gonna have a chance to say what I was going to say, I think I might have to say it now" am I really doing this, after what he just said.
"Yes, ok, so' I sigh
"we have known each other for a really long time, we have been on this planet for a really long time, I mean you and me. I could always rely on you, you could always rely on me. We're a team a group, a group of the two of us" I say my voice cracking a bit.
"And we have spent our existence pretending that we aren't. I mean the last year not really" ok get to the point Crawly, Satan I'm an idiot.
"And I wold like to spen" I know what I feel so why can't I get the words out.
"I mean if Gabriel and Vielsapob cold do it, run of together, then we can. Just the two of us, we don't need heaven, we don't need hell! They're toxic, we need to get away from them just we just us" uhg this is stupid so stupid.
"What do you say" I am desperate at this point

"Come with me to heaven I'll run it, you can be my second in command. We can make a difference" I can't believe he is so blind.

"You can't leave this book shop" I said, but I wanted to shout YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME.
"Oh crawly, nothing lasts forever"I want to scream as he says this.
"No,no I suppose it doesn't" my eyes tearing up, so I put on my glasses.
" good luck" I say on my way out the room.
"Good luck? Crawly, Crawly come back. To heaven, work with me. We can be together, you know angels doing good. I um I need you" he says, and for a moment I hesitate but I don't think I can go back to being an angel, not after the last time. It has been so many years and not once have I missed it.
"I don't think you understand what I'm offering you" and with that the hesitation is gone.
"I understand, and I understand it a lot better than you do"
He nods and says "well then there is nothing else to say"
I point at the sealing and say "do you hear that"
"I don't hear anything" Aziraphale says frustrated.
"That's The point, no nightingales"I say, he just stairs at me
" you idiot, we could have been US" and in that moment I do something really stupid and reckless. I walk towards him and kiss him right on his lips, without asking. And it felt amazing this is something I had been longing for since the French Revolution, maybe even before. We just stood there his lips on mine for a moment, it could have been a second it could have been a few minutes, it felt like time had
Stopped. But it also felt forced and completely wrong. As I realized that I pulled away wishing I could just go back 20 minutes when nothing of this happened but I can't.

I want him to kiss me again like in all the good romance books and movies. Or lash out and be mad at me for kissing him without asking for his consent. But instead I get a "I forgive you". I don't want his bloody forgiveness. I want him to love me or hate me, not the middle ground so I tell him "don't bother"and leave. A little peace of me wants him to follow after me and tell me that I am more important to him than heaven, more important than god. But I know I'm not. Still I am going to stand and wait for him by my car if he changes his mind