Chapter 1

Sophie's POV

     I wake up to the sound of Iggy snoring on my pillow. 'Why do I feel a sense of urgency?' I wonder. Then I remember. Today me, Biana, Fitz, Dex, Keefe, and Marella are going to get our Matchmaking scrolls! I hope Fitz is my number one. His beautiful teal eyes and the way his movie star smile always makes my heart jitter... 'Snap out of it!' I tell myself. 'Biana will be over any minute to help you get ready, and she is not going to see you like this!' 

     I walk over to the bathroom and take a quick, soapy shower. I comb my hair back and start looking for something to wear. Just then... "BOO!" yells Biana, appearing suddenly in front of me. 

     "OMG Biana, you almost gave me a heart attack!" I screech. 

     "Whatever." she replies, tossing her hair. "Anyways, I got you this super pretty red dress yesterday, I think it'll look really good on you!"

     "Biana, I honestly don't want to dress up today." I tell her.

     "Nonsense! This is the one day that you are going to get your matchmaking scroll, I am making sure you look good!" she retorts. "Now, put on that dress! Oh, and these shoes too." She hands me a pair of shoes with heels so high, I probably won't even be able to walk in them. I sigh and head into the closet, slipping out of my pajamas and into the flowing red dress she gave me. I then put on my heels and walk out of the bathroom, almost falling twice.

Biana's POV

     "OMG Sophie, you look so good!" I yell as I see her walking out of her closet. And it's true. Her blonde hair is perfectly wavy at the tips, and the red dress brings out the golden flecks of color in her eyes. I way she walks insecurely just adds to the picture. I really don't understand how Fitz hasn't asked her out yet. "Come over her and sit down." I tell her, gesturing to the seat in front of Vertina.

     Just as she sits down, Vertina appears. "Wow Sophie, red really suits you!" she says. She bombards Sophie with fashion advice as I do her makeup and put her hair in an intricate braid.

     "Come on, let's go down." I say, leading her down the stairs and to the Leapmaster.

     "Wait, I forgot my bag of snacks!" she says, so I run back and fetch it for her. "Okay, we can go now." she says as I pin her Ruewen crest to her cape.