Prologue

Warnings: Smut, oral (f receiving), protected p in v, little bit of restraining, clear consent, multiple orgasms, one night stand with no names, douchey guy

Denver, Colorado. Every year my parents host everyone at a resort in Northwest Denver. This year, as the only single one because of my divorce, I'm currently sitting in the hotel bar by myself while my family enjoys kid free date night.

So far the night had been pretty peaceful. Until this one idiot.

"Ya know, they say ski resorts are the best place to meet the love of your life during the holidays." I glance over to see someone I can only describe as a Chad.

"No one says that." I scoff, taking a sip from my drink. "Plus you're not my type."

"Oh yeah?" He leans in closer, and suddenly I feel trapped. "And what is your type then?"

The bartender walks up with two drinks and sets them in front of us. "Here ya go!" Before I could protest he's already gone.

"I ordered this for you." 'Chad' smiles, sliding the drink closer to me.

"No thank you." I push it away and down the last of my drink. "Can I get my tab please?" I ask the bartender as he moves back around pulling my wallet out.

"I got it."

"Nope, I can pay for myself." I insist but 'Chad' is already dropping his credit card on the counter as the bartender returns. "Whatever, have a good night." I scoff and turn towards the entryway to the lobby.

"Oh come on. Why don't you hang out a little longer?" I look back at him in disbelief. "What? We could get a room together, hangout with some privacy." He smirks. I roll my eyes and continue walking. "Hey! I'm talking to you!"

Suddenly, I feel a hand wrap around my arm and turn me to face someone. "This guy bothering you, darlin?" Instead of being met with 'Chad's' obnoxious face, I'm met with the most gorgeous green eyes.

"Uhm--" I stutter, what do I even say?

"Hey man, we were just heading to get a room."

"With my fiancé?" Oh, thank god for this man.

"I don't see a ring?" 'Chad' says smugly.

"I'm not used to wearing yet." I smile. "He only proposed at Christmas."

"I'll glue it to your finger so that way I never have to see you without it." The green eye cutie smiles and presses a kiss to my left hand. "Thanks for keeping my future wife company but I'll take over from here."

'Chad' just scoffs and makes his way back to the bar where his friends sit laughing at him.

"Thanks for saving me back there." I say gratefully once 'Chad' disappears. "You didn't need to do that."

"It's no problem. Should I escort you upstairs? Make sure the creep doesn't follow you?" He smiles and offers me his arm. I smile sweetly and loop mine through his.