Chapter 17 The Heart of the True Smurf

Every cage lock broke, and all the Smurfs were free. Everyone got free and hugged each other that Gargamel was gone for good.

Other Smurf: We're free!

Clumsy: He's gone, yeah!

Other Smurf: Gargamal is finally gone!

Glammy: She did it!

Inventor: She did it. We won't be living in fear anymore.

Hunter: Yeah!

Hefty kissed Smurfette, and she kissed back, feeling it was finally over and that no Smurf wouldn't live in fear ever again.

Smurfette: Gargamel is finally gone.

Hefty: Hope ended him. He's gone for good.

Smurfette then thought about where her daughter was.

Smurfette: Hefty, Where's Hope? Where's my baby?

Hefty: Hey.

Hefty and Smurfette walked toward where everyone was gathered. When they arrived, they saw that Hope's eyes were closed, gray all over, and not respawning.

Smurfette: Hope?

Hefty: Papa, what happened?

Papa Smurf: Hope drained her life force of her magic to save us all.

Everyone around her then started frowning or crying. Smurfette was in tears and refused to believe she can't be gone.

Smurfette: No. No, no, no. Papa, there gotta be something you can do. There's gotta be a spell to bring her home. There has to be something.

She flipped through the pages of a book, trying to find something.

Smurfette: I know there is. What page is it? It must be here. No, that's not it, No, not it either.

Hefty: Smurfette.

Smurfette: Which Spell is it? Which one can it be?

Glammy: Smurfette. Please, there is no spell that could help her. We won't find the answer in any of the books. I'm sorry.

Smurfette stopped searching and closed her eyes, crying while Hefty hugged her tight and cried as well. Hefty broke off the hug, turned around, went to Hope, and lifted her.

Hefty: Let's take her home.

Everyone was holding the glass vial light, walking toward Smurf village full of tears and sorrow. It was morning, and Hope was placed in a patch of flowers. Everyone formed a circle around Hope. Smurfette was full of tears that she had lost her only daughter, And Hefty was holding his tears and trying to comfort Smurfette. Everyone was so sad. Even all of the animals were sad and crying. Everyone was closing their eyes, trying to hold tears in how sad they were.

Papa Smurf: She doesn't know what kind of Smurf she wants to be, but she is the heart of the true Smurf to all of us.

Everyone left except for Glammy. He stayed, and his eyes were still closed as he stood there. Just then Hope started glowing blue, and the magic started flowing around her. Glammy didn't even notice when this happened. Then Hope opened her eyes, stood up, and saw she was blue and normal again. She was shocked that everyone was not there. She then started approaching.

Hope: Hello? Is any Smurf there?

Glammy heard a voice open his eyes and was shocked to see Hope right front of him.

Glammy: Hope? Is it really you?

He thought he was seeing things. So, he touched her hand and realized it was really her. And then hugged her so tight.

Glammy: It is you. But how is it possible?

Hope then remembers what SmurfSpirit said to her.

Hope: SmurfSpirit. She said that there was still hope left in me.

Smurfette and Hefty heard something and came back, then they gasped as they looked toward Glammy and saw who he was hugging.

Hefty: Hope.

Smurfette: Hope?

Hope then heard her parents and saw them running toward her.

Hope: Mom, Dad.

Hefty: You're OK.

They hugged her so tightly and were so happy to see their daughter return to them and smile with tears of joy.

Smurfette: I thought we lost you. Don't ever do that to us again.

Hope: I won't, Mom. I promise.

Hefty: My baby girl.

Then Hope turned around and saw everyone coming toward her, full of happy tears.

Hope: Hi everyone.

Once Hope was done reuniting with everyone, they helped her up and approached both Papa and Willow. Papa took her hands, and Willow smiled at her, and both hugged her.

Papa Smurf: You never knew how much you amaze us.

Willow: You really are a true leader.

Hope was surprised, and now she was ready to be the new leader. Then everyone smiled and started clapping their hands and cheering as they approached Hope.