Chapter 35

The next afternoon, after her leadership class, Noelle headed back to her dorm and changed clothes. She wanted to go down to the gym for a bit and burn off some energy.

She planned to go home over the weekend, partly to see her family and partly to let her wolf, Holly out for a good run. She missed both so much.

She was actually contemplating calling her sister, Aria, and asking her if she'd like to come home as well. Aria was a year and a half younger than Noelle, and was attending school with Astrid's step brother, Matthew. Aria and Matthew were very close, and Noelle had wondered occasionally if they were dating. They both adamantly denied it, but Noelle still wondered. If she brought Aria home, she'd have to bring Matthew as well. Not that she minded. Matthew was like a brother to her as well. But he'd waited a year to start college so he could go with Aria, instead of Noelle.

She also had a younger brother named Oliver, who was five, and made a point to call him daily. He loved to video chat with his Big Sissy and Noelle adored him as well. She couldn't wait to get home and see him.

She was also worried about her mother, and hoped that Jenna was taking it easy. She usually chatted with her when Oliver called, or her father, lecturing him on making sure that Jenna stayed off her feet and had plenty of help.

"She's immortal, Noelle. You worry about her more than I do, and that's saying something," Daniel had told her the last time she'd spoken to him.

"You're not a woman," she reminded him.

"And you've never had children," Daniel had retorted.

She'd gotten lectured in return by Jenna, who said her father was growing more overbearing by the day. "Momma can you imagine how he would be if you were still human?"

"Honestly Noelle, I might have appreciated it some. I was fairly miserable when I was pregnant with you. Even being pregnant with these two has been easier," Jenna admitted.

"Momma, you had so much on your plate then," Noelle reminded her. She'd been dealing with her own mother being sick, and missing her mate. Jenna had not known at the time that Daniel was her mate or that he was looking for her.

Noelle changed clothes and headed down to the gym. She had no idea where everyone was today. Probably with their mates, something she was a bit envious of.

'We wil find him,' Holly told her.

'Hopefully this century.' Noelle rolled her eyes. She walked into the gym and hit the treadmill first before moving over to a punching bag. She was aware of someone's eyes on her and wondered if it was Persephone. She hadn't seen the she-wolf since her confrontation yesterday. She breathed in deeply. Male wolf, not ranked, probably a warrior.

"You've got great form," a voice said off to her right.

That's because I've trained with the best. "Thanks." She turned to see a gorgeous man standing off to the side, his arms crossed as he looked at her. He had dark hair and brown eyes.

"Want to spar?" he asked with a sexy smile.

Noelle eyed him appreciatively. She wouldn't mind getting close to him. "Sure. But I can't guarantee I won't hurt you."

He laughed. "I'm sure I'll be fine."

"Well let's go then," Noelle smirked at him.

She went easy on him, but she still bruised him good. She'd noticed that he was holding back at first, so she went after him a bit harder, forcing him to put more effort into their sparring. Everyone was always afraid of hurting her because of her size. Everyone except Ragnar and Nick. They never went easy on her.