second

in the morning, the drops fell on the roof of mrs patty's studio, during a typical november rain.
It was a misty and cold morning of autumn, and Josie had to run to luke's to work.
Fortunately the studio was close to luke's so she hadn't gotten wet at all. She dashed to the door and opened it with some extra keys luke had left to her.

"Luke? it's me!" she yelled from downstairs, he was probably upstairs, the diner was all dark and empty, the chairs were overturned on the tables and she found herself alone: the streets were empty and only very few cars passed by. She could only hear the sound of the rain outside and,
after a couple of minutes, she also heard some footsteps on the stairs.

"oh you" this was luke, who once he saw her, he told her to have breakfast with him before opening the diner.

"have a sit, i get some coffee" he said as he was pointing at a stool. She turned it over and sat down on the counter table to eat.

"so, where did you sleep last night?" luke asked.

"at miss patty's studio" she answered while eating an apple thrown before by her friend.
He nodded, and poured in two cups some coffee.

"did you sleep well? you have two terrible eyes bags" she joked.

"no, in fact i didn't: jess couldn't sleep so he turned his music on" he said while rolling his eyes with an annoyed expression.

"i don't see anything bad in it" she said to him. luke looked at her with a deep expression very hilarious for her.

"not if they're all rock and heavy metal bands" he said annoyed. She rolled her eyes and laughed a little bit.

"c'mon it can't lasted for the whole night" she said.

"oh yea it has really lasted the whole night" he said nodding, annoyed and serious placing his hands on the counter table.

it was currently pouring raining, a little storm was forecasted, you could hear the thundering coming from behind.

"what a shame, yesterday was such a great day! it was so sunny and now look, it's pouring raining" she said point to the window with her right hand, to change topic of the conversation.

"so true! people will come here with their wet umbrellas and wet the whole floor that i've washed last night" he said.

"you always find bad things in everything do you?" she joked again.

"i'm just saying facts" he said.
she turned around again and checked if someone was walking on the sidewalk and maybe listen to their conversation.

"do you wanna know the tea?" she said.

"spill everything you know" he comes closer and rests his elbows on the table to hear better.

"you won't like it" she commented.

"spill it!" he continued.

"i've heard that Taylor Doose wants to open a new shop right next to yours" she said. He gave her a big shocked face: a mix between angry and surprised, he probably didn't know how to feel either.

"he what?!" he yelled.

"i told you you wouldn't like it" she said as she was drinking her coffee.

"i'm going to talk to him" he said.

"no worries he wants to make a town meeting at miss patty's tonight. so i'll see ya there" she continued.