19

19
Kairo

I woke up to the sound of beeping and I was shivering like a motherfucker. I was cold as hell. I had an IV hooked to my arm and some little thing on my finger. The monitor was beeping like a motherfucker and my head hurt. I groaned as I realized I was in the hospital. I fucking hated hospitals. One minute I was being shot at and the next minute I was in a hospital bed. He had no clue how the fuck he got here. He assumed someone must of called the police being as niggas was shooting at him in broad daylight, shit somebody must've saw it.

A nurse walked in and pressed a button on the monitor so it would stop beeping. "Hey sir, these officers want to talk to you." She said as a woman officer and a male officer stepped into the hospital room at the same time. I don't wanna talk to these motherfuckers. The nurse walked out and closed the door behind her. The woman officer flipped her pad open that she had in her hand and took the top off of her pen as if she was about to write something. She spoke first. "Omari, is it?" She asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"Okay sir, do you recall what happened?"

I hated these motherfuckers so much.

"With all due respect, I'm sitting in this bed hurting like hell and yall in this bitch questioning me." I repositioned myself in the bed because my back started to hurt.

The male officer spoke, "Calm down sir, we're just trying to find the person that did this to you."

"Do you know of anyone that would want to hurt you?" The woman cop spoke again this time.

I smacked my teeth, they were irritating the fuck out of me. "A lot of niggas wanna hurt me. I'm that nigga." I laughed at my own joke.

She wrote something down on her pad and then spoke again when she was finished. "Sir if you want us to help you, you have to help us. We recovered a gun from your vehicle, is there any reason you have a gun? Did you know someone was after you?"

"It's a cruel world, niggas always after me."

I could tell she was getting frustrated that I wasn't giving her the answers she wanted but I didn't give a fuck. I was in pain and here they were questioning a nigga. She reached into her pocket of her shirt and pulled out a card. She handed it to me, "Well if you want to give a statement or you need anything, don't hesitate to call me." They turned around and headed out of the room. I heard the door close. Fucking pigs.

The door opened again and he heard D's voice as he came around the curtain. "Nigga you good?" He dapped me up.

"Hell naw, man. A nigga in pain." D walked over to sit on the little pull out couch on the other side of the room.

"Shit, nigga you know them niggas that was shooting at you?"

"Nigga no, motherfuckers was following me. I turned down a side street cause I thought I was trippin, next thing I know bullets flying. Then the fucking pigs gon come in here questioning me."

D shook his head, "Don't worry about it, G. We gon find out who the fuck did this shit.

"Fa so'. I went to go see my pops today though." Kairo had told D about his pops being in jail for murder. They had deep conversations from time to time and that's one of the things he told him while having a deep conversation with him.