17

Vote target: 210
Comments: 30

Read the note at the end of the chapter.

_______________________

DHRUV'S POV:

"You are, aren't you?" he asked once more. I turned to face him straight-faced and replied with a convincing lie, "No, I am not. I'm heading to the office."

He stood up and approached me with an insidious smirk. "Now, don't hold yourself too highly, will you? I know you're not being truthful," he declared with unwavering confidence. However, I remained composed and calm.

"Why do you think I'm lying?" I asked, challenging his certainty.

"I received a call from Esha yesterday. She was looking for baker suggestions, and since I know one personally, I recommended Alia. You're familiar with her, aren't you?" he said, his tone laced with sarcasm, as he deduced my destination.

"Yeah, I am. So?" I replied casually.

"Nothing much. Just that your sister texted me late last night, informing me she'd be flying to LA for a week. She mentioned there'd be no one to help you organize the party, so I should step in and assist," he teased, pushing the boundaries further.

Wasn't my sister implying that I would throw an exceptional party?

"Yeah, she left last night. So?" I retorted. But Sameer interrupted with a sly grin, "Enough with the 'so' and the act. Just admit you're going to meet your lady."

"Or what do you call her?" he prodded from behind. I rolled my eyes at him, turned to leave, and whispered, "Angel." He must have overheard, as I heard him yelling, "Yes, angel. Your Angel," and a subtle smile graced my face.

My angel.

Now I must reluctantly abandon my plan to go to her place early in the morning because of my nosy friend. If he goes there too, then I won't get time to get to know her.

That's what I intend to do and more.

God, what am I even thinking right now? Get hold of yourself, Dhruv. I thought to myself and drove to the office.

Driving towards the office, I typed 'Hi' and sent it to her number. It's currently 9 am, and she must still be at home having breakfast. Yes, I know some of her routines.

No, I don't stalk her.

That night was different; I followed her just to make sure she reached home safely. I don't trust that, Jay. Thanks to her Instagram, I usually keep track of her schedule as she shares glimpses of her life there. However, lately, there haven't been any new posts.

In around 30 minutes, I arrived at the office. Upon entering the cabin, I noticed a coffee cup on my table along with a note placed beside it.

"Thanks for your help, sir"

Before joining the company, my father worked here, and his manager not only served as his supervisor but also became his closest confidant and friend. The manager's daughter, Shreya, now my assistant, holds a special place in my father's esteem. Recently, he requested my assistance in preparing for her wedding, and she is expressing her gratitude for my support.

Sipping on my coffee, I immersed myself in addressing the areas of attention required within the company.

After finally ploughing through a mountain of files and documents for the day, I stood up from my chair, stretched a little, and then my phone pinged with a notification.