~ 1 ~

Chloe
CHAPTER 1

"She loved the ocean because every time the waves left the shore, they always came back."

~~~~~~~~

Summer. I want it to be summer.

I have been repeating that single phrase for the past 6 months just hoping it would hurry up. Winter depression was so extreme this past year I don't think I can go through it again.

   I cried for countless nights just saying, "I want it to be summer so I can be pretty again..."

  During the summer, I work at a local bar in Seaside, Florida, my hometown.

  I unfortunately cannot work behind the bar because I am sixteen but I am known for stealing some fireball from the back counter.

   A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

  Greyson, my best friend, works at Shooters as well.

   I know what you're thinking. YES, the bar is named Shooters and NO we don't dress in booty shorts and crop tops. Cause you know Hooters and Shooters sound alike. Okay yeah i'll stop.

  Anyways, Greyson and I have been best friends since fifth grade. I remember him coming up to me and saying, "I think you forgot to straighten a piece of your hair."

   Since then, he straightens my hair for me so I don't forget a piece. How sweet of him.

   Greyson is honestly the nicest person i've ever met, besides his bluntly honest comments, but I love him even more for it.

   You're probably thinking Greyson and I have kissed at least once. You know, to see if anything is there.

   To answer your question that i'm so sure you asked. Yes.

  But it was just once and it will never happen again. It was really awkward and just honestly embarrassing.

Well that's because he's gay but don't worry i'm not outing him. He is very much out already.

  Mia, my other best friend, likes to bring up the fact that we kissed quite often. She finds it hilarious.

  Mia and I are in a long distance, low commitment, relationship.

  Hahah not like that silly. She has a boyfriend. Who by the way I do not like.

  Mia doesn't live in Seaside. She lives in Alabama but her family is loaded so they spend summers in their beach house.

  My absolute favorite thing to do with Mia is go to the beach.

  I mean, I like going to the beach in general but especially with Mia because she likes to tan and look at hot lifeguards with me.

    Whenever I go to the beach with Greyson all he wants to do is throw the football which, by the way, I am extremely skilled at. I'm so talented at the art of football throwing that one time I hit an old lady in the face. Totally on purpose....