FOURTEEN (EDITED)

!THIS CHAPTER IS EDITED!: EDITED ON 28/03/2024!

𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐀. 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐱 𝐁. 𝐒𝐰𝐚𝐧

**************

━━━━✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

{ECLIPSE}

━━━━✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━

· · ─────── · NO ONE'S POV · ─────── · ·

At a pike place market, in Seattle. About 1 year ago, the sky was dark and rain heavily comes down. The rain was slapping against the cobblestones like snow. There was bright lights from the surrounding open bars, that had reflected off the now wet stones. 

One of the bars doors open and a young man exits, his name was Riley. He was 22, and was a university student. He pauses under the roof of the bar, he was preparing himself to face the rain. He slings his bag over his shoulder. 

That clearly had school text books in them, he turns back to the bar window and waves at his friends that wave back. He then walks into the rain. "Some say the world will end in fire. Some say in ice...." Bella's voice over says. 

As Riley turns another street that was dark and deserted. He makes his way up the street. When suddenly, a shadow flies past him. Riley pauses scared. Whatever that thing was it was moving at an inhuman speed. 

He begins to step back and was about to quickly round the corner. But something leaps over him, knocking him backwards to the ground. He groans in pain as he lands on the floor. He looks around panicked.

"Who's there!?" He yells. But he gets more freaked out when there was no response. He quickly gets up and runs to a different direction. He didn't want to be in the streets any longer. A part of him wishes he had just stayed with his friends back at the bar.

That way he wouldn't have to deal with this. He ends up in another street, he continues to run. He runs to the end of the street at which stands an apartment building with a brightly lit lobby and a security guard out front. 

Riley sighs in relief as he gets closer to his safety.  But something at the last second grabs him by the neck and throws him into a building window. The window cracks as he smashes into it, the shadow didn't let him reach the security guard that was still out front.

Unknowing of what had just happened. Riley was terrified of the shadows strength. He drops his bag and runs off for his life. His runs down another street. He looks over his shoulder hoping that nobody was chasing him, luckily there was nothing there. 

But Riley keeps on running, he keeps on running until he reaches a deserted boardwalk.  Beyond the rail, was dark black water. Riley's eyes widen when he realises that he's hit a dead end. He knows his done for. 

"What do you want?!" He yells into the darkness. "Why are you-?" He gets cut off as a shadow runs past him, hitting his hand. Riley yanks his hand closer to him, he whines as he grips his hand in pain. He looks at it to find a crescent moon shape on his palm. 

His eyes widen when he sees blood seeping out. He's been bit by the shadow. "What the hell...?" He questions confused. But his confusion and terror soon turn into agony as the venom from that bite that Riley didn't know about.

The pain crawls up his arm. Riley drops to his knees as he cries out in pain, he then falls writhing on the ground as the venom spreads throughout his body. "....From what I've tasted of deire, I hold with those who favor fire."

"But if I had to perish water." Bella's voice over says as she shows her forearm that had a crescent moon scar. Whiter than her already pale skin, Alice's lips can been seen kissing the scar. Back to present day, Alice and Bella were lying on the grass. 

Bella was reading out loud from a book of Robert Frost poetry.... "......I think I know enough of hate to say that, for destruction, ice is also great, and would suffice...." Alice teasingly pulls her book away, and moves to kiss her.

As much as Bella wants to kiss her mate, she stops her. "English final. Gotta focus." Bella mutters as she looks up at Alice who leans closer. Bella knew that focus if she kept looking at Alice but it seems like Alice knew what she was doing since she grins.

Alice leans in much closer and kisses her, Bella quickly kisses her back, tangling (?) her hands in Alice's short hair. Alice breaks the kiss and leads her head against her mates. Alice then mutters the words that Bella couldn't believe what her mate said. 

"Marry me." Alice mutters as Bella eyes widen shocked as she blushes madly. "W-what?" Bella asks to make sure she heard it right. Alice smiles and starts to kiss Bella's neck. "Marry me." She repeats. 

Bella smiles at her mate as Alice looks up into her eyes. "Okay." Bella says as Alice smirks teases. "Okay?"  Alice asks as Bella sighs at her mate. "Yes, I'll marry you." Bella says as Alice smiles widely and jumps onto her mates lap. 

She cuddles into her mates chest, enjoying the warmness that she gives off. At Bella's house, later that day, Chief Charlie Swan, was still in his uniform from the day at the station. His brow is furrowed with concern as he reads the Seattle Times.

"Murders, Disappearances, Possible Work of Serial Killer..." The article worries him.  Bella enters, throws down her book bag. Charlie looks at her. "Hey, Bells." He calls as Bella looks at him smiling. "Hi dad." She says as she walks to the stairs. 

"Did you have fun with your mate?" He asks as Bella smiles. "Yeah, I did." Bella says, "I'm gonna head up, I need to focus on my English final, so I'll be up in my room." She says as Charlie nods with a smile. 

"Okay, I'll shout you down when we are going for dinner." Bella nods before she walks up the stairs with a smile.  Bella opens her bedroom door and then closes it after she steps in. She sets her bag on her desk and grabs the English final book. 

She sighs as she carries it with her back to her bed. She sits on the bed and begins to read. "I Hate English finals." She mutters as she chuckles to herself. After a few hours, Bella had finally finished the book, she puts the book to the side and begins to grab her blankets.

Then suddenly Alice is sitting next to her. She jumps, catching her breath but then she smiles. "Babe, You scared me." Bella mutters as she pulls Alice closer to her. Alice leans in closer to her mate as she pulls the blankets over them.

"You tried, babe?" Bella questions as she feels a small nod against her neck making her smiles. Alice snuggles into Bella's neck as she breathes in deeply of Bella's scent, she shivers in delight as she feels Bella arms warp around her small frame. 

"Good, night...." Alice mutters as she drifts of to sleep. Bella smiles at her and pulls her closer. "Good night, my pixie." She smiles. "I...heard that...." Bella hears a sleepy Alice mutters just before she drifts of to sleep, herself.

TO BE CONTINUED.......

━━━━✧༺✶༻✧ ━━━━━