𝔦𝔦. Dr. Cullen

CHAPTER TWODR

CHAPTER TWO
DR. CULLEN

In the year: 1939

    TODAY felt different.

The time-worn vampire doctor, Carlisle Cullen, couldn't place his finger on it.

He'd seen many days—felt every emotion prone to the immortal experience but this...this is new. So as he stepped through the front door of the hospital, his golden eyes wandered.

"You'll never guess what happened, Dr. Cullen?" Thomas Greene, the mortician of the hospital rolled up beside Carlisle, a huge grin on his face.

"Let me guess, you finally got yourself a wife." Carlisle stuffs his hands into his white coat pocket.

"Haha." Thomas rolls his eyes but waves Carlisle to follow in his steps, heading towards the back of that hospital, You know the eldest Quart's daughter, Thea?"

"I have heard of her, yes." Carlisle nods, keeping up with his fast pace.

"I've figured out the mystery of why she was locked away in her home for nine months." Thomas opens the door to the morgue.

Carlisle frowns as sees all the white sheets covering up dead bodies, "why do we have to be in a morgue for you to tell me—"

Thomas rolls out one of the gurneys from the straight line of cold bodies. Removing the daunting white sheet to reveal a pale and immobile human female body.

"This is—"

Thomas answers for him, "Nineteen-year-old Thea Quarts, her mother claims to have seen her fall over the railing of their home. The poor girl seemed to have died from the blood loss." The male mortician explains to Carlisle Cullen. "The family says she was suffering from depression, which explains the months of isolation."

Carlisle locks his eyes on Thea's features. They were chiseled and perfectly placed. He couldn't help but frown at the familiarity of the situation, clearly being reminded of his wife who died similarly.

Carlisle remembered little interaction he'd had with Thea Quarts. Much like Esme, Thea always seemed kindhearted but private. But who could blame the eldest Quarts for wanting privacy with so many eyes on her?

Carlisle then realized he'd zoned out the sound of Thomas's voice. All of his senses now focused on the dead girl in front of him, but yet, he heard something faint, something beating.

A heart.

A heart was beating.

"...I'll get this autopsy done quickly, then I'll get back to you, yeah?" Carlisle turns to Thomas who simply shrugs.

"I don't see how you do it. Being around dead bodies for hours of the day would give me nightmares when I fall asleep." Thomas feels chills go up his spine.

Carlisle grins, "wanna know the trick? Don't sleep."

Thomas chuckles at his joke, tapping his temple while exiting, "Smart man."

Once Carlisle is gone, he profusely clicks his pin. He could save her...one simple bite and she'd be on her feet again.

Was it worse to let a young and radiant woman die when she had the chance to live? Or is it worse to turn her into a vampire? An immortal being.

     ragerwrites,           Short chapter but a chapter.

wordcount, 505