Turning 4

Yuder also had a second gender. He was an Omega. It did not manifest until he was accepted into the Cavalry, but it suddenly began several months later.

There had been countless people over the years who had disapproved of the fact that an Omega was the Commander of the Cavalry. So many of the fellow Awakeners did not want to acknowledge him in that position.They couldn’t drive Yuder out openly because he had the strongest power than any Alpha, and he was the only scent-free Omega that didn’t experience heat.

But the only one with such ability was Yuder, so no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t even stop discrimination and crime against Omega.

‘Will I manifest at the same time this time around?’

Someone who hadn’t manifested a second gender couldn’t detect another person’s second gender. Therefore, Yuder did not know whether Gakane in front of him, or the woman he was talking to, had any second genders.

“Do I have to demonstrate while explaining my… ‘ability’?”

“I don’t think so.”

He wasn’t sure. The woman’s expression changed more seriously when she heard Gakane saying so.

“That’s going to be a problem…”

“Why is that so?”

“My ability is… well, it needs to be prepared. I can’t even see the results right away.”

“Do you have such ability? Usually, everything is visible… I heard it’s like magic and sword.”

Gakane tilted his head. However, Yuder did not question the statement at all. Although it was not well known that many early Awakeners had unusual abilities, there were still various kinds of abilities out there.

Over the years, the number of Awakeners would increase, and more diverse people would emerge. However, the number of those  who were capable was very small, and they usually died quickly because they did not have the ability to protect their bodies.

If she met an official who did not understand her ability even though she was a proper competitor, the application itself could have been rejected. Yuder suddenly felt a surge of interest in her.

“What kind of ability?”

The woman turned her head surprised when Yuder, who had been silent so far, suddenly talked to her. She gave a hesitant look, but she answered shortly.

“I can read information from what I touch.”

“Information? How is it possible?”

“Well, for example, if I hold an object in my hand, suddenly information about it comes into my head. If it is a book, it would contain things such as who wrote it and what is inside. Though not all things are possible, I think it is only possible when I have information to read. There is almost nothing to read about new things. And the older the thing is, the more information is available for me to read, the longer time it takes. That is what I’ve figured out so far.”

“Wow.”

Gakane exclaimed. He looked half-confident.

“Can you read people, too?”

“It’s never been successful.”

‘It’s real.’

Yuder read her eyes that she meant it.

‘But she can’t make up words. It’s the perfect ability that feels like a scam. In the past, she probably couldn’t even apply and got rejected.’