Chapter 11 : Entranced

Kyoka POV

I tried yanking his hands away but all he did was tighten his grip.

Oh god, what the hell is happening!?

His grip is so tight that I can't pull away.

But-

I don't want to pull away.

I shifted so I was facing Muzan and flung my arms around his neck.

"Nakime." He whispered and the room began to change.

When the room stopped shifting, I glanced around and noticed a much larger room than mine and the room wasn't the only thing that was bigger.

The dresser was bigger, the mirror was bigger, the bed was bigger, even the table was bigger! I tried looking around at everything else, but Muzan was pulling me backward. I looked over his shoulder and gasped.

Damnit damnit damnit he's pulling me towards the bed. I got to get away I can't let him I won't let him.

It was too late.

He pretended to trip, and we fell; I was on top of him.

My face was hot with embarrassment. All he did was laugh and hold me down.

No use in struggling, he won't let go.

I'll have to go along for now.

What the NO YOU SHOULD BE RESISTING.

This must be a blood demon art that's messing with my brain.

-TRANCE MEMORY-

"Kyoka your so slow." My brother groaned. "I'm trying to keep up but your so fast!" I protested.

"The demons would catch up with you if you ran at this pace!" He laughed.

"Hey, that's not funny!" I exclaimed as I ran after him.

"Do you plan to become a demon slayer?" I asked as I caught up to him.

He nodded in response.

"Does mother know?" I asked.

"No, and I don't plan on telling her." He replied.

"Mother has the right to know!" I shouted.

"Kyoka, mother wouldn't let me go." He shot me a stern look.

"I'm going with you then." I huffed. "No, you won't. Kyoka, mother and the twins need you. And besides, your only twelve." He sighed.

I stiffened. He was right.

"Kyoka whatever you do just remember that demons are lurking everywhere, and you must protect the family. When this happens, you must be willing to put your life on the line for them. I've noticed that demons are particularly interested in you. Keep your guard up." He smiled.

-REALITY-

Half my brain had drifted into the memory and the half that didn't mind Muzan had stayed.

I found myself interlocked with Muzan and we were aggressively kissing each other.

My brother's voice echoed in my brain; repeating: Keep your guard up.

I started slowly pulling away from Muzan who was surprised I had suddenly stopped.

STAY! My brain screamed. I started getting a massive migraine. I tried to tune out the noise and listen to my brother, but the screaming drowned out his voice.

No.

I can't stay here.

If I do, then God only knows what will happen to me.

I slowly stood up and stared down at Muzan.

"Stay Kyoka." He said, sitting up. I shook my head and grabbed the bag that I had dropped and ran. I didn't need to say Nakime's name already a hallway-like space that didn't have a ceiling.

Run.

All you must do is run.

My brother's voice filled my head and tears welled in my eyes.

But the happy moment didn't last long.

The hallway-like space was twisting upside down and I began falling into the endless maze.

Sorry for the shorter chapter! I hope you all are enjoying the book so far! It makes me so happy to see all the views. I hope you continue to follow Kyoka on her journey. <3