𝟐. 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞 to the Chateau lasted more than they had expected since they had to go past Blake's house, she never really liked that house. It gave her nightmares that she didn't want to relive.

Eventually they made it to the cut but as they call it, their home. The place that gave them all comfort, as it being a small island.

'The natural habitat of... drumroll, please...'

'The pogues, that's us.'

Once they got to the chateau, they all jumped onto the HMS Pogue and rode out into the marsh. JJ and Blake flirting as usual, while smoking a J.

Pope reading a book since he has to revise for a scholarship.

While Kiera and John b are sitting ducks, doing nothing but listening to music and drinking a beer.

'Pogues, pogies, the throwaway fish..'

'lowest member of the food chain. Okay so, the downside of Pogue life is that we're ignored and neglected but the upside of Pogue life? We're ignored and neglected, which means we can do whatever we want, whenever we want'

John b turns his face back towards Blake and the rest of his friends with a net full of fish, he empties the net which splatters all over Kiera .

"Nice haul, dude." the blonde says with a cheery smile towards his best friend then looks at the raven-haired girl, "Look at that."

"oh I'm looking alright." Blake says with a disgust on her face, she's never really been a big fan of fish it grosses her out.

"Ugh, john b! put them back." Kiera speaks up and moves away from John B and the fish.

'Thats JJ, my best friend since the third grade. He's about local as they come, Latest in a long line of fishing, drinking, smuggling, vendetta-holding salt-lifers who made their living off the water. Best surfer i know, don't tell him i said that. He has also had a thing for Blake for a while everyone can notice it but he's just too stupid to realize. Don't tell him i said that either.

Mild kleptomaniac and a future tax cheat.'

JJ keeps his arm around Blakes arm as John B makes his way over to them, messing up JJ's hair which soon causes the blonde to tackle him to the floor of the boat.

'And that's Kiara, or Kie, or buttercup as Blake calls her. When she's not saving turtles or listening to Marley, or getting a dolphin tattoo, she hangs out with us. I'm not really sure why, though. Probably because Blake is like her sister, their always attached to the hip, you can never see them separated. So, she's a rich actually, foot in both worlds. Her family owns the Wreck, this Outer Banks Institution.'

Kiara and pope were laughing as JJ tried to do a shotgun, but obviously its JJ so it failed and went all over Blake.

'and thats pope, the brains of the operation.. finalist for the Lucas T. Vanderhorst Merit Scholarship. And the smartest person i know. Little bit of a weirdo.. His father's this legendary character, Heyward. Anything you wanted on the island, Heyward could get it for you.

Now, im not sure Heyward knew what to make of his oddball son but it didnt matter.
He was a pogue. Just like the rest of us.'

The outer banks went silent as it hit noon, crickets chirping and pogue's resting in the backyard of the Chateau. The Chateau was their home, no one could take away the special memories that they had created at this place. It was special to all of them, especially since Big John had went missing near a year ago. Everyone missed him dearly, especially Blake.
Big john was like another dad to Blake, they had a understanding about one another that they couldnt quite explain.

'Now that's Blake pierce, a kook in her families eyes but a real pogue in ours.
Her brother, Ryan Pierce was a full on kook if you ever seen one, hangs round with Rafe yeah that sort of crew. Anyways, Blake had joined us with a sweet characteristic but now since her father left them, she's a completely different person as she was before.
Dyed her hair black and everything, i call her
'pokrewna dusza' which means kindred spirit in polish. Whenever the line comes down to the pogues or the kooks, she will always pick the pogues..'

'Anyways that my crew.'

After last nights herorics, Blake and Kie was laying on John B's couch since JJ had a girl over and they didn't want to 'disturb' them.
They both looked at eachother and laughed, as John b closed a door they both looked up.

"see you've found JJ and the blondie.. shes got good tits may i add" the raven-haired girl spoke up as Kiera gives her a judgemental look,

"only saying the truth buttercup" Blake had added with her hands up as she walks into the kitchen, still wearing her bikini.

'and thats me, John Booker Routledge.'

"hey John B? When was the last time you went grocery shopping dude?" Blake spoke up from behind the refrigerator as she then peaked her head up to look at him. He just shrugs with a mumble of i dont know's.

'and this is where i live, an old fish shack on the marsh. The Chateau, as my dad used to call it. He disappeared at sea nine months ago, looking for a shipwreck.

Who disappears at sea these days?'

The raven-haired girl started to look up as she heard a door close, it was the blondie that JJ kept in his room, She rolled her eyes, as they wondered to a J sitting on the counter. She knew it was the maybank's but she didnt care.

"hey guys-" JJ starts to walk out the room as he catches Blake lighting his spliff, "hey you little shit!" he shouts as he starts chasing her around outside,

"you cant catch me for shit jayj" she chuckles as she takes another puff out of the prerolled J.

"i can, its just.. i just woke up.." he says out of exhale,

"woke up when? before you were having sex with the blondie with the nice tits?" she said with a smirk on her face.

"she did have nice tits didnt she- hey i know what your getting at! tryna distract me so you can smoke the rest of it, let me have some puffs please. i need serotonin."

He always found a way to make Blake smile and give in, he was the light to her darkness and yes people may have used that alot but he was there for her when her father left. She knew about his problems and he knew about hers, except not all of them..

Hope you enjoyed reading 🙏🏻

please comment if you think this chapter was good or if i should keep going!

thank you!

💕