Chapter 4

It's so not right to start making me talk about low comments already like what happened in the last chapter. Don't get me started, y'all.

She could smell his expensive cologne as she began looking up gently, and she blinked when she saw the smiley face.

"Matt" she muttered, and he squatted beside her.

"What are you doing inside the rain? Miss Rose" he asked, touching her wet hair.

"I... I was taking a stroll, and..I got frustrated when it started raining, that's why I squatted here when I realized I had no umbrella" she said.

"I'm not someone you can lie to" he whispered, still touching her hair.

"It's something personal, but I'll be fine" she replied, and he nodded once.

"You forgot iris's pen box in the car earlier. It must have slipped out of her backpack" he said, bringing the pink box out of his pocket.

"Thanks, Matt" she replied, and he smiled slightly, staring at her face.

"Wanna go grab some coffee? You need caffeine right now, you're shaking" he said, and she looked at him.

"You can't say no" he said, and she smiled slightly before standing up.

They walked to his car together, and she looked at her wet clothes worriedly.

"It's fine, the seats are waterproof remember?" He said.

"Oh..." She gasped, going in after he opened the door.

He stepped in too, smiling as he drove them to a café just two minutes down the road.

He ordered her a big warm cup of coffee, then he went to the thrift store beside it to get her something new to put on.

Rosy took the cup of coffee and began sipping quietly.

*

SAME CAFÉ*

Roman and Fiona are sitting together on a table, facing each other.

He actually took her here after they left the river, and she's changed to new clothes too, though her hair is still slightly wet.

She's still seething with anger though.

The server brought two cups of warm coffee for them..

"I don't drink coffee, get me cinnamon tea" Roman said.

"Alright sir" the woman replied, taking away his cup

Three minutes later, she returned with the warm tea which she dropped in front of him before leaving.

"I'm so sure, it's very sure that it's your curse that's affecting me! Mason was the third guy to betray me this year! I mean what do they want? I'm pretty I'm rich I'm a popular model! Why do they keep doing this to me!" Fiona said, grabbing the cup of coffee.

"Why did you jump into the water earlier? It's very dangerous and you might just die. I have no plans to attend your burial" Roman said, drinking from his tea.

"Oh you mean I should wait when he called me his cousin? I'm not like you who gave Gwen everything and let her go freely after what she did" she rolled eyes.

"Don't bring Gwen into this, that was nine years ago, and also you should employ a little respect while talking to me, I'm two years older" Roman replied.

"Don't even bring our ages into this, rock of ages" she rolled eyes, and Roman sighed.

"Any progress on finding Liam's mum?" She asked.