Chapter 2

Am I dead?
I had never been scared of death until that very moment. My head felt like it was being hammered rhythmically by the angel of death just waiting to take me wherever I belonged. I tried to open my eyes but the blinding light caught me off guard forcing me to curse out loud. I scolded myself in my head, if I was truly in the presence of an angel I might have automatically booked myself a night in the scalding fires of hell.
I forced my eyes to open but all I could see were white walls and a huge mirror mounted right above me on the ceiling. At that moment I suddenly became aware of my existence. I stood up still maintaining eye contact with the woman in the mirror before I rushed to one wall and started banging it. I could hear voices in my head
"She's not supposed to do that ", I turned around as fast as I could but there was nothing.
" Who's there?", I was almost scared.

"What do you expect her to do when she wakes up in a strange white room with no entrance?", I heard another voice whisper.
I turned to my original position hoping to catch the voices but I must have been too soon for all I saw was a only screen I hadn't noticed when I first opened my eyes.
"Welcome to New Eden ,
I take it you might be experiencing sharp headaches, nausea or excruciating pain on different parts of your body."
The automated faceless voice spoke to me
I watched as a tray with a glass of water and a small petri dish with pills was ejected from the part of the wall right under the screen. I took the water and the pills and gulped them down before I heard somebody whisper the words
"Something isn't right", I was confused further but the computer presentation cut off my thoughts.

"Here take these", I looked down at the empty dish and the glass of water that was now almost empty and looked back at the screen.

"Your name is Aliyah Brown. You were born on the 18th of September 2000. The date today is 25 February 2021 which means you are 20 years old. You are a citizen of New Eden state. You  live at house number 18  corner first street and New Heaven. Would you mind answering the following questions without bias."

I nodded.

"What is your name ?"

"Liah  Brown", a big red X was projected onto the screen.
"SHIT!" I heard the woman say then the man told him to keep quiet.

"ALIYAH. How old are you?"

"I am 20 years old"

" Where were you born ?"

" I do not know"

"Do you know your parents?"

"No"

"Are you happy?"

"Yes", I almost laughed. I felt overwhelmed rather.

"Where did you go to school?"

"School?", I whispered trying to recall. " I don't know"

The questions went on for what seemed like forever and with each question I got agitated for I didn't know the answers. By the end of the exercise I had been shown all the technology known to mankind I was sure, some things I knew some I didn't all the words seemed familiar but I did not recall learning them. I was shown a slide show to familiarize me with my family. The voice told me how they had tragically died in a carcrash when I was young , I cried because I couldnt remember them but I was told that I suffered from amnesia . They showed me a slideshow of pictures and videos of us together. We were so happy, I wished I knew them now. I was given food through the tray after sometime and I took a long  nap right after eating. I woke up feeling nauseated and I was given yet another dose of pills before being questioned and shown yet another slideshow of my family. I slept and this process repeated itself for such a long time I lost track of time.

I never had the answers to the questions I was asked. I was comforted whenever k complained and fed when I was hungry. I was comfortable in that little bubble until the day one side of the wall fell to the ground revealing a light brighter than that I had experienced in the white room. Except this time it was accompanied by a beautiful blue sky ornamented with soft white clouds. I took a deep breath, adjusting to the environment I was in.  I turned back  to discover I had been confiined in a white box across the street from a white house.
House number 18.
How convenient.