Chapter 4

Soon, the mixture of awkwardness and chaos between Waylon and Ryder hits them out of the blue one day when an unexpected accident occurred during an attempt to fix the some of the cardboard paper that apparently had 'coffee stains', that Ryder figured, would have come from Waylon as another one of his pranks. 

It was around the after noon time when Ryder had gathered materials ready to make a poster for his drafted presentation.

Until he recently discovered that his stuff was dipped in coffee substance and went over to a paper slicer in a frustrated heave to see if he could carve out some of the pieces that were more noticeable in view before working around the rest of the paper from the cropped cuts.

Ugh!

When will this nightmare ever end?!

I knew I should've left my notes locked up in a drawer somewhere far away from that guy.

Ooo!

He makes me so angry.

Sometimes I just wish I could take all of those little sticky notes of his from his cubicle and shove it way up in his -

Ryder thought in bitter grumbles, when all of a sudden, the slicer came down, with his hand  left on top of the paper!

"Owww!" Ryder yelled out immediately as the paper slicer caught the palm of his hand in an instant!

Before slowly pulling the slicer up and away from his injured hand.

Leaving a red slash across his palm, with blood oozing profusely from his deepened cut.

"Ah. Shoot." Ryder mumbled in a panic as he tries to wrap it around with the cardboard paper that he had with him.

Not thinking that anything else would be available at the moment.

Of course he could have called his bosses to help him, 

But it'll only be an embarrassment when he explains to them how exactly he got the injury in the first place.

And just when things couldn't get any worse, Waylon of all people, walks up to him to see why he was making such noise.

"Sigh. What is it this time?" Waylon asked, rolling his eyes, not noticing the situation right away since Ryder was covering up his hand away from view.

"Nothing, that you need to concerned about. Just go back and do what it is that you always do." Ryder said rudely as Waylon peeks over curiously to see what he was up to until he saw the large gash on the palm of his hand and changed expressions, quickly.

"Give me your hand." Waylon spoke in a calm but a much more serious tone this time. 

"Why? So that you can lecture me on how clumsy I can be? Thanks Captain Obvious. But I think I have enough brain cells to know how much it hurts and-" Ryder was about to say until Waylon abruptly interrupted him with an arm pull and lightly dragged him over to a nearby bathroom.

"Wha! Hey! What are you doing?!" Ryder yelled out, not quite understanding what he was doing for the moment.

"Sigh. Do I have to do everything for you? Come over here." Waylon mumbled in annoyance as they entered the bathroom and leaned Ryder's hand over the sink before turning on the water.

"Didn't your mom tell you to rinse the wound first before you wrap it in anything? And plus, that card stock paper you're using, won't hold your palm tightly enough to clot over the bleeding. It's better if you use cotton fabric. So that you can tie it like a tourniquet and it will help prevent the extra fibers from entering into your bloodstream." Waylon explained in a tone that was genuinely concerning.