Chapter 1: First Meeting

Lisa was frowning as she was finding a table for her to sit on while she ate. She was frustrated as she couldn’t speak Korean that well and would speak in English, but the management would not allow any trainee to answer her in English as she needed to speak in Korean, and it was making it harder for Lisa, she thought. As she sat down at one of the tables in the cafeteria and started eating, she then noticed a figure of person walking towards her.

To her surprise she saw a cute girl who stood next to her, and Lisa noticed that she had cat-like eyes and a mole under her left eyebrow, and recognized her as the girl who has been training for one year in this company and is very talented in singing and dancing. As she stared, she was curious as to what this girl wanted from her.

--

Jennie sat alone in one of the seats of the company’s cafeteria, eating her food. She felt lonely as the other trainees would usually ignore and avoid her, and she knew that most of them were either jealous or felt intimidated by her, but she kept to herself and decided to look around and she spotted someone also eating alone.

It was that new girl who was a foreigner with her hair looking like an apple and she was really a good dancer, and she’ll admit that she’s beautiful and her voice is too, and she’s heard from the other trainees that they’re not allowed to speak to her in English, which made her frown, as yes, it’s understandable that she needs to learn Korean, but it’ll take time for her to fully speak it yet, so Jennie decided to help her and get fully adjusted to this place, so she walked over to her.

--

The two stared at each other for a while till Jennie spoke “Hello, my name is Jennie,” she said introducing herself to the surprise of Lisa “is she speaking to me in English?” she thought but answered her anyways “I’m Lalisa,” she said introducing herself to Jennie as they shook hands, and after that Jennie then sat next to her and ate with her, and for them it was nice that they won’t be eating alone anymore.

After that, they talked and from there, Jennie learned that Lisa came from Thailand, while Lisa learned that Jennie studied in New Zealand, which surprised Lisa as she had heard of it before, and she asked her what it was like as Jennie described it to her. It was really nice talking to her, but there was a question on the back of Lisa’s mind, so she decided to ask, “Hey, why are you breaking the rules?” She asked the question to Jennie, wanting to know her answer.

Hearing that did not surprise Jennie: “I know what it’s like to struggle in another country you're not familiar with, like it took me long enough to learn English in New Zealand and I had someone to help me back then, so now I’m helping you.” She explained to her with a smile. Lisa was surprised when she heard that explanation from Jennie, and it made her happy with that “thank you.” she said, as she didn’t expect someone who would break the rules for her, and she appreciated it.

As they talked more about stuff, Jennie then asked a question: “Hey, since you’re a very good dancer, would you like to help me learn how to dance better?” Jennie asked Lisa, not wondering what her reply would be but noticed that she was smiling at her. “Sure, I don’t mind helping you, but can you also help me with vocals because I’m more into dancing so,” she replied to her as Jennie nodded and the two smiled at each other again. And because of this meeting, it was the start of a great friendship. After all, isn't that how all relationships start right?