sweet dreams - gojo

female reader x hidden inventory/beginning of s2 gojo (fluff)

the dormitory of jujutsu tech was quiet was usual. you laid in your bed, blankly staring at the ceiling. something was bothering you, like a pest which wouldn't leave your brain alone. it was hard to sleep. maybe it was because it had been a month since geto had left, his absence creating an empty void and tension in the air of the school. maybe jujutsu tech could have even become a breeding ground of many negative emotions and curses if it weren't for the fact that jujutsu sorcerer could control it. basically, the atmosphere had been negative lately, but it was slowly getting better.

amidst your thoughts, the sound of a couple knocks at the door catches your attention. it snaps you out of trance almost immediately as you get out of your bed, your footsteps creaking against the wooden floorboards. who could it be at this hour...?

twisting the knob open, the door opens to reveal a familiar white-haired boy. "hey, can i sleep over?" he stares at you, smiling, as a blanket is wrapped around him snugly with a pillow in one hand. 'is this a... nightmare?' you think to yourself, blankly staring at him before attempting to close the door back.

"h-hey! you're so cold." gojo nervously laughs, stopping the door with a hand as he pokes his head in, a pout on his lips. "how can you turn me away like this, y/n? i had a nightmare!" he says, pleadingly staring at you. you sigh, narrowing your eyes at him. "what are you, five, satoru?" you exasperate, clearly not in the mood for any antics. it was about 2 in the morning, an hour that nobody should be disturbed at. although you two were close friends, for him to find you at his hour...

"...please? i really can't sleep." there's more emotion to his expression than it seems. a small, playful smile remains on his lips, but there's more underneath the surface. you can feel it. pleading you again, gojo waits for your response. you sigh, for what seems to be the millionth time whenever you're around him. you simply can't seem to say no to him, especially when he looks so pitiful. it's as if he's seeking for nothing but comfort, a thought that you can hardly find yourself to believe. "fine. you better sleep and nothing else." begrudgingly, you open the door. almost immediately, his eyes light up in joy evidently despite the darkness in the room, the smile on his lips curving up even further. the joy all over his face really seems genuine.

"i knew you couldn't resist me, y/n." gojo laughs, excitedly making his way into your dorm. "don't make me regret this, satoru..." you warn, your tone threatening despite the playful smile on your lips.

he quickly jumps onto your bed, squeezing his way on the inside of your queen sized bed. it's instant, the pure relief on his expression as he seems to sink into your bed sheets. you smile in amusement at his reaction. 'is the bed that soft or something?' you think to yourself, climbing in yourself. you're turning to face his side as you lie in bed, curiously looking at gojo. he's facing the ceiling blankly, oddly silence for once. not wanting to stare further, you simply close your eyes, attempting to sleep. there's shifting on the bed beside you, but your vision is black so you can't see anything. you assume he's getting into a comfortable position to sleep.

...but you can feel eyes boring into you, as if you were going to have a hole burn through you from the intent staring. you open your eyes. gojo faces you. it was a rather small distance between you too, your eyes meeting his. you can even hear the sound of a heart beating, unsure whether it's yours or not. the moonlight from your window, the only light source in the dark room hits against his face perfectly. you knew that gojo wasn't average looking, but to see him this close had a rather dangerous effect. his lashes cast a shadow on his cheeks, the features of his face looking more like the work of a skilled sculptor. gojo was unreal.

dazed for a moment, you quickly return to your senses. "what're you doing?" you say calmly, gazing at him in slight confusion. "nothing. just admiring." gojo replies, his eyes curving into crescents and tone playful as always. "admiring what? the moon?" you say, even more confused as you turn around to look at the window behind me, the moon looking rather full this night. he's stunned by your reply for a good second before letting a small laugh escape his lips. "haha, sure, sure, if that's what you think." you turn back to face him, not amused by whatever antics he was attempting to pull.

as you turn back to face gojo, you notice something. the presence of eye bags which you had failed to noticed earlier. they weren't too obvious, but they were definitely there. you suddenly frown. "whatever. you came here to sleep, right? you better go to sleep." you say blankly, attempting to mask the slight concern in your tone as you continue to gaze at his eye bags, an indication that he really hadn't been sleeping well lately.

the white-haired boy stared at you in slight surprise, before a grin crossed his lips. "hmm...maybe if you sing me a lullaby, then i can sleep."

"...satoru." your tone is stern.

"okay, no more jokes." he finally says, a soft smile on his lips. gojo looks so soft at the moment, you think. you aren't sure exactly what his current expression represents, but there's a slight look of relief on his face, as if his worries were washed away. his white hair is tousled slightly from having shifted around in your bed sheets, and you can even smell the slight scent of vanilla from him. it's oddly hypnotizing.

"goodnight, y/n." you close your eyes. his voice has never sounded more calming and warm.

"goodnight, satoru." you say.

the night is dark and cold, but it felt rather warm that day. maybe you had a sweet dream.