Get in the car

GET IN THE CAR

GET IN THE CAR

Carmen wasn't scared of much. But the woods was enough to make her skin crawl. Even in the day it was eerie.

     The brunette glanced the sign that read 'Beacon Hills Preserve", attempting to ignore the trees that towered over her. Her eyes trailed to the golden leaves on the floor. It should be beautiful— she should be in awe. Instead she was fidgeting with her hands that were not shaking from the cold, and catching breath that was not lost from running.

     She figured if she was going to find out what Scott was hiding from her, she had to go to the source. Something happened in the preserve, and Carmen is going to find out what it is. Even if it means overcoming a fear she's had since she was a child.

     Taking a deep breath, Carmen takes her first step into to woodland. Leaves crunch under the heel of her boots, and she must admit, its a satisfying sound.

     She focuses on the task at hand. Her mind wonders to the body cut in half. How did one half a body get so far away from the other half? Is there even another half? Has it already been eaten by animals? By the killer? How have they already got a suspect?

     Carmen hopes she doesn't come across the body.

     The brown eyed girl smiles to herself when she realises how far she'd gotten into the woods. She scans the area, looking for any signs of the boy's presence they'd left behind last night.

     Carmen spots some stray police tape tied to a near tree rustling in the breeze. Beginning to walk closer, she cringes at the large murky puddle blocking the path.

     A defeated sigh escapes her glossed lips. Her boots werent expensive by any means, but Carmen didn't exactly want to drop thirty five bucks to buy another pair. But she's already dipped her foot into the muddy water, there was no going back now.

     As to not dig her heels into the mud any deeper, Carmen takes two quick steps through the puddle, landing on the damp leaves.

     Following the direction of the tape, Carmen finds herself standing in a modest clearing. To her left Carmen notices markings on the tree closest to her. Puzzled, she takes a step closer.

     "What the fuck?" Her fingers trail along what looks like claw marks. One's much bigger than hers. Carmen can't take her eyes off them. A part of her brain tells her they're just unusual patterns in the bark. But to Carmen they look too... man made.

     A familiar voice calls her name, confusion on their tongue. "What are you doing here?" Scott asks.

     "Wow, the great Carmen McCall has once again decided to grace us with her presence." Stiles remarks with an eye roll.