Part One: "I'm Luffy! The Man Who's Goin to be King of the Pirates!"

Overview / Summary

The series begins with an attack on a cruise ship at the hands of Alvida. Koby, a chore boy of Alvida, discovers a barrel. One of Alvida's pirates attempt to open the barrel, but a young boy emerges and accidentally hits him. The remaining pirates attack him, but the stranger stops them and says that his name is Monkey D. Luffy. Luffy drags Koby to the storage cellar of the ship, where he eats and converses with Koby, who reveals his dream of being a Marine. Alvida confronts Luffy, but he escapes and knocks her pirate crew down with his Devil Fruit power. Luffy explains that he ate the Gomu Gomu no Mi, therefore he has the powers of rubber. Koby, inspired by Luffy, stands up for himself when Alvida confronts them. Luffy uses his Gomu Gomu no Pistol technique on Alvida. Luffy and Koby sail away in a "borrowed" boat from Alvida's crew. Luffy asks about the pirate hunter that Koby mentioned earlier. Koby says that he was captured by the Marines and Luffy announces his intention of asking him to join his crew.
°

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

CHAPTER 1 VOL 1

ROMANCE DAWN - THE DAWN OF THE ADVENTURE

Narrator: "Wealth, fame, power... Gold Roger, the King of the Pirates, attained everything this world has to offer. The words he uttered just before his death drove people to the seas."

Gold Roger: "My treasure? If you want it, you can have it! Find it! I left everything this world has to offer there!" Gold Roger smiled brightly

Narrator: "And so men headed for the Grand Line in pursuit for their dreams! The world has truly entered a Great Pirate Era!" The Narrator spoke in an enthusiastic tone

The sounds of birds squawking were heard and the sky was shown where seagulls were squawking and flying above. There were two marines on a ship, which indicated that it was a marine ship.

Marine 1: "Whoa..." The marine had a amazed tone

A bump noise can be heard and then the two marines looked down to see a barrel that can be seen floating in the water. Strong whirlpool was around.

☆゚.

🔆

🔆

🔆

。゚☆

"I'm Luffy! The Man Who's Gonna be King of the Pirates!" Chapter One
Romance Dawn - The Dawn of the Adventure

There was a whirlpool out side causing the ship to tremble, many people inside and it seemed that there was a ball going on.

[Ball: A ball is a formal dance party often characterised by a banquet followed by a social dance that includes ballroom dancing.]

A marine captain can be seen talking to a passenger who was worried about the whirlpool.

Captain: "No worries! A whirlpool of that size poses no problem to this ship!" The captain spoke trying to reassure the people

After that, in the main part of the ball a girl was shown who has mildly short haired Orange Tangerine girl dressed up. A man in a green suit then walked up to her but Nami hadn't noticed him as she was thinking deeply.