Chapter 3: A teenager, some cigarettes, and a very annoyed spirit

Cy always had a fascination with conspiracy theories, rituals, mythology, or anything else to do with those topics. Sam had convinced him to lay off the alcohol and now, every week, they had a little tradition to have tea and biscuits at a small eatery near Cy’s therapist’s office. However for the rest of the week, Cy didn’t have much to do. Oftentimes spending hours on the dark web, falling down rabbit holes of conspiracy. He started seeing this one man everywhere: Watch_Your_Falling_. His content was about nothing he had seen before, not the typical Area 51 or lizard people conspiracies. He dabbled in something different, something that Cyberus didn’t entirely understand, but nonetheless for hours he tried to watch and was even a little embarrassed for the man making the videos, as for some reason, the man seemed to have lost his mind. However, there was another thing that was peculiar to Cy, the man stopped uploading videos months ago, his last one being titled, “Summoning the KING of AETHER.” The video intrigued Cy, although he called bullshit on the whole situation, probably something a fantasy writer made up to promote some story they were writing, but he still felt unsettled thinking of the whole situation. That doesn’t look too hard, I could probably do the silly little ritual myself Cy thought as he closed his computer, he looked around for items in his house, there wasn’t much, but on the table in the living room, a carton with 10 packs of cigarettes. He grumbled, “looks like that’s what I’m sacrificing…”
He locked his door and studied the picture on his phone of the summoning shape. He sighed, “Am I really going through all this work for something that isn’t even real?”
He began outlining the shape.
It took Cy hours to outline the shape and all that didn’t include the time he spent looking for the proper incantations and summoning moves. He thought to himself, me and this anacoris dude seem like we’d get along pretty well, if he’s even real. Finally, after hours- days of preparation it was time. Cy sat, looking at what he had made, he was kind of proud.. This was such a big project for him, he couldn’t wait to tell Sam, even if it didn’t work in the end. Cy stood, he was nervous, he stood outside the circle and started to read the incantations, badly, but still- he read them and nothing happened. He checked everything and tried again, nothing. 
“God Damn it!” He yelled in anger, “Summon, Anacoris, I know you can’t be that busy.”
“ Fuck Nendaiki, Fuck The Invorak, fuck Sensō, fuck Heiwa,” Cy took a breath and continued cursing all the Gods and significant people in Erethis, because he was angered that he spent so much time on this project, only for it to not work. Right before he got to Anacoris’ name though a black mist filled the room and his cigarettes started to disappear. He saw a body start to form from the smoke, the muscles, organs, and skin appearing before Cy’s eyes. It was an oddly beautiful sight and Cy was entranced. 
“What do you want, mortal?” He heard the mysterious body ask
“Damn. I didn’t think this actually would work….” Cy then thought for a moment 
“I was bored, wanted someone to talk to….” He reasoned
The creature sighed, “Do you not know what I am, mortal? I am the King of Aether! Go talk to your filthy mortal companions.” The smoke started to form again
“I don’t really have any, all I have is a guy, who I think is immortal? His name is Sam…but I don’t want to bug him.” Cy said as the smoke continued filling the room, then.. It stopped.
“Mortal, did you just say you think you know an immortal being, on earth?”
Cy nodded, “Yeah, he said he escaped some dark place, can’t remember the name of it though.” 
Anacoris looked at him, his eyes now glowing red, “The place you’re speaking of is Økùrïn , Mortal, and you know someone I need to speak to. Suddenly, Cy’s arm started to burn, “Ow,” He exclaimed, “What the hell?”
“We are now spiritually tied, anything ‘Sam’ says to you will be reported back to me, in a timely manner or you will face punishment.”
“You owe me something in return…” Cy said in a stern voice although he was very scared. 
Anacoris stopped and grinned, “Maybe you’re not as stupid as I thought you were.” 
“What do you want?” Anacoris asked in an annoyed voice, “Money, fame, popularity?”
Cy grinned maliciously, “You. As a friend.” 
“Mortal, I don’t think you understand, I am an all-powerful-”
“I’ll die with no remorse, without giving you any information on Sam.” 
Anacoris glared at him, “You have confidence, mortal. Stupid confidence…”
“So is that a yes?” Cy smiled 
“ I’ll see you in three days time.”