Sawyer Might Be A Lawyer: Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

Through the course of the following months, the Land of Bloom began to sing a tune so sad it would wriggle your guts. For now the rhymes no longer slipped from the tongue in happy jargon, if anything, The Land of Bloom now hated rhymes. So any further dialogue will be constructed in the tune The Land of Bloom now sang - which was to avoid rhymes unless absolutely dire.

Beatrice was now a waitress.

The title of Doctor now belonged to both Victor and Hector. Big yikes there.

Neil, the previous waiter whom Beatrice replaced, was now the designated Navy Seal.

Brooke, the former Navy Seal, who was replaced by Neil, was now the town Crook. When Brooke was assigned their new role, they exclaimed: "Why am I the Crook?! Is it not more sensible that I become Cook? What use is having a designated town Crook?!?"

King Kob responded: "Without a designated town Crook the world would combust into chaos with way too much crime. If there is only one person doing the crime it is much more manageable. I swear, it's like you don't know how to think."

"That seems illogical and fu.. stupid." Brooke spat out. "Also, why can I not be Cook?"

King Kob rolled his pudge covered eyes and exasperatedly sighed. " Well if you must know," he paused briefly, "you, Brooke, are not the Cook, because Habook is now the Cook."

"But Habook suffers from palate blindness. They consider flour too spicy. All our food will be bland!" Someone in the crowd yelled.

"Bland is good, bland is regular, and bland is inclusive." King Kob rebutted.

There was no fighting their new career. Brooke was now the town Crook. Embracing this news and change of events created a nuanced ringing, similar to hearing a gunshot, piercing through their neurotic waves.

Brooke dove deep into their new job. Bitter and filled with rage over losing the position they had trained hours over merciless hours for. Their passion to save lives and dive, was stripped from them - all because the one in charge was too dumb to understand anything not said in a tune.

So Brooke harnessed their anger, and Brooke the Crook they absolutely became. Brooke's life has always been full of structure and discipline. Wake up at 4 am, go on a 6 mile run with their dogs, then to their career as a Navy Seal - where they worked themselves to a pulp. This is what Brooke loved. This is how they thrived. After their long shifts, helping those they could, while simultaneously mourning those they couldn't, they would go home feeling fulfilled. This life wasn't for everyone, but it was Brooke's and they were happy.

Now Brooke has no structure.

They go to sleep at 8 o'clock in the morning and wake up at 8 o'clock in the evening - if they feel like getting up early, that is.

Brooke drags themselves out of the comfort of their warm bed, and lets their dogs run outside - while they stay inside and take deep breaths.

The health nut that was once so strict about carb to protein ratio, now had a diet of ramen, cereal, and cheese puffs - of course, that is, only if they felt like they could stomach anything for more than five minutes. After hours of nonmovement, bowls and bowls of... cereal. Brooke finally stirs while the town is asleep. Lurking and loitering. Stealing and selling. Battery and burglary. Often arson, but never just an attempt. Brooke sunk into this life. They craved their old one, but accepted their new transparency. They dove in, as a true Navy Seal does, with everything they've got. They were lost without their passion, but what could they do? The Land of Bloom was certainly in doom, but Brooke followed orders. They always have.