Prologue

Catherine Lupin had woken up to the sound of violent shouting .
It must have been arround 2:00am when Catherine was woken up with a start by the sounds of loud shouts coming from outside her bedroom window.

Cassie's bed was positioned oh the left bedroom wall under her window, that when looked out of showed a small patch of grass in front of the house surrounded by a short white wooden picket fence with a narrow winding road on the opposite side.

Being the curious girl she was cassie crept out of her bed to see who was causing the loud noises from outside her house. Making a great effort not to wake her little sister who was still sound asleep on the opposite side of the room she sliped out of bed and crept out her shared bedroom and down the stairs.

by the time she had reached the landing she could almost perfectly hear the shouts through the front door she tood up agains the wall to the right of the door as if hiding from someone and focused hard in the the voices.

"HOW COULD YOU...I.. I CANT." one of the voices echoed through the door.

It almost sounded like her dad remus, but how could it be? Cassie knew her dad as the bravest man in the world but this voice, this voice was shaky and the words being said where quite hard to make out through small breathy sobs

"PLEASE MOONY" a second voice traveled through the door. This one made made cassie jump. It sounded was harsh and almost violent but also, vunrable like the person trying to speak couldnt graspt onto the right words.

"DONT.." there was another breath "DONT YOU CALL ME THAT SIRIUS."

these words made catherines eyes water it wasnt strangers fighting it was. it was her dads. two of her favorite people in the world. The two men who promised to always stand by her side. The two men she trusted with her whole life where outside her home a place she thought was safe fighting. she had never witnessed the two shout this way before, she didnt want to believe it was them but then again it was late at night so.. maby it wasnt them? but it that moment cassie felt like she was back in that orphanige she felt like she had no one. she felt lonely.

"MOON-" there a was a short pause, a short but defining pause.

"remus.. you have to beleive me it i didnt do it please i would never. i could never. i coould'nt hurt James and Lily ever and i would never try to harm Harry hes my god son for fuck sake and skys best friend. And i would espesically not hurt you or the girls-" he was cut off by remus.

"DONT YOU LIE TO ME AND DONT YOU DARE BRING THE GIRLS INTO THIS THEY RELY ON YOU AND LOVE YOU I RELY ON YOU AND LOVE YOU THEN YOU FUCK EVERYONE OVER LIKE THIS !"

there was another pause this time it wasnt silent it was filled with violent and heavy breathing. On the inside of the house cassie was now crouched down on the floor she was hugging her kenees to her chest and had head tucked under her arms, she did'nt want to hear anymore but was far too scared to move. With streaks of tears her falling form her eyes and small quiet sobs escaping her lips she kept listening to the racket from the front of her house.

"you've turned into you parents sirius black. your exactly like them. Your one of them. A death eater." remus spoke in almost a wisper his voice trembling but not with fear with something else an emotion Cassie could not make out.

with those words an ear splitting back came from out side the house followed by shouting there where lots more people now and cassie coudnt understand anything only a few words like "please", "tell the girl", "i didnt" and "i love them" but it was too chaotic for cassie to understand any of this. she was just a scared little girl after all. With this she got up and sprinted back up her room slaming the door behind her and jumping to hide under her covers she heard a stir from her sisters bed but didnt care sky could sleep through anything that girl was practically bomb proof.

after a few minutes it was silent and cassie , altho not wanting too, had fallen asleep. with those last words circling her head.

•°⁂⁂⁂°•

arround a year and a half after this the memoryvof that night would fade from Cassies brain to be cased away as a silly little dream. Thats the great thing about young children. they dont remember much especially when sertain people are completley removed from there lives.