Chapter 1

Hot shot is five years old. He lives with his parents Heatwave and Quickshadow. They live in Fort Worth Texas. Hot shot is a highly active child. He loves to run, jump, climb and play.

Heatwave his father is a firefighter he is really good at his job. He is very brave and strong. He has saved many lives in his line of work. He helped teach Hot shot all about fire safety and helped him learn how and when to dial 911. Hot shot was very smart and learned it quickly. Heatwave is a very loving and loyal father and husband. He loves his wife and son very much.

Quickshadow his mother is a pediatric cardiologist who works at Cook children's Hospital. She is very good at her job. She has helped many patients in her line of work. She is very good to her patients too. She has worked with many different teams in her unit to help provide the best care possible. She is worried that some day that might be her child. But a few of the doctors told her she was worrying too much. While some others understood her fears. But normally she didn't worry when Hot shot got a little bump, scrape, bruise or had a little fever. Quickshadow is a loving and devoted wife and mother. She loves her husband and son with all of her heart.

Hot shot has other family members too. There are his grandparents who are his father's parents. He calls them Pawpaw and Granny. They live in San Antonio Texas. They often visit them and they sometimes visit Hot shot's house. Hot shot also has an aunt and uncle on his father's side. His aunt is his father's older sister, and his uncle is his father's brother in law. He also has three cousins from his aunt and uncle. He has his grandparents on his mother's side. He calls them Granddad and Grandmum. They live in London England. They sometimes fly over on a plane and visit them. Sometimes his grandparents fly over to visit him. He has an uncle on his mother's side who is his mother's twin brother who is very rich.

There some very close family friends too who were like family. Blades, Boulder and Chase had been friends with Heatwave since childhood. They were very close to Hot shot and gave him presents from time to time. Boulder even built him a custom playset. Hot shot calls them his uncles out of pure affection.

Hot shot is a highly active child. He enjoys to run around, jump, climb and play. He loves to do sports too. He does tee ball, he does soccer, he does martial arts and gymnastics too. He loves to be on the move. He is a child is very active and loves to be active. Hot shot is not much of a kid who would stay still. He is just a ball of energy and loves to play and be active. That is what his parents love about him. Because he was so active they were used to seeing their child get a few bumps, cuts, scrapes and bruises. They knew it was normal.

Hot shot is very happy and healthy child. He has never had any problems with his health. He was very healthy. He normally got a bunch of bumps, cuts, scrapes and bruises but he was a highly active child, so it was to be expected. Hot shot would get colds on a rare occasion but he got over them quick. Hot shot never even visited an emergency room before so he was good on that front. He was just perfectly healthy. That was a joy to his parents.

Life was good for this family and it was wonderful and happy for them. They thought life was going really well and things were going to remain fine. They didn't think things could ever go wrong.

However in a heart beat things can change. This change can bring about things that can be good and wonderful. But it can also be something bad and something you need to be strong and brave for, because it is going to be a tough road ahead. This was something one doesn't expect and can never be prepared for to say the least. But sometimes it can break you or make you stronger.

It was early January. Hot shot was awake and finished his breakfast. Then he went outside to play. Hot shot was running around and having a lot of fun. He just loved to run, jump, climb and play on his playset. He was having a good time. Hot shot noticed he was running out of breath. He was feeling very weak and tired. Hot shot didn't know what was wrong or what was going on. He had to stop playing to catch his breath.