Chapter 4: A New Cycle

You were inside a building near a lake and forging a sword and a set of light armor when Elizabeth came in with a pizza box.

Elizabeth: "Y/N, I got pizza. why don't you take a break?"

"I will, just give me three minutes."

Elizabeth heard some strange noises from outside, and saw Zeldris and Gelda come in.

Elizabeth: "Oh, hi Zeldris. Hi Gelda."

"Nice of you to drop by."

Zeldris: "What are you doing?"

"Something that I hope will help curb the influence of my demonic power when I'm fighting. I don't want to hold back all the time, but I don't want to hurt anyone by accident."

You inserted a number of wires into yourself, and energy absorbed into the sword and armor. You picked up the sword and focused your power on the blade, giving it a dark outline on its edges.

Zeldris: "You can use the Dark Matter to empower your gear without all that technology, but I admire your initiative. There's something I need to talk to you about."

"Okay, what is it?"

Everyone sat down as Zeldris began to talk.

Zeldris: "Y/N, Elizabeth, when we met a week ago, you both recognized us."

"Yes."

Zeldris: "Well, you know our names because this isn't the first time we met."

Elizabeth: "What do you mean?"

Gelda: "Elizabeth, I don't know how to say this, but, this isn't the first time you've reincarnated."

Elizabeth: "What?"

Zeldris: "Centuries ago, before the human and non-human realms were completely separated, your original incarnation was in love with my older brother, Meliodas. Like a Shakespearean tragedy, it was forbidden and it was not without consequences."