𝟬𝟮| 𝟯𝟲𝟱/𝟯𝟲𝟱

✶ ━━

○ ˳   ⁺   🦌      ₊

✶ ━━
Cheongju. 2018.

AS HEESEUNG stepped off the bus in front of the school, the bustling enters of the first day filled the air.

Eager to follow Ji-won, he moved through the crowd, attempting to keep her in his sight. However, his path was suddenly halted by a lady at the entrance

She had been directing students to their respective sides.

"Where are you going?" The lady asked, causing Heeseung to around with a slightly confused expression. "Excuse me?"

The lady let go of the top strap on his bag and pointed towards his side. "Girls go this way, and boys that way." She clarified.

Heeseung sighed, realizing the schools protocol and reluctantly moved towards the boys' side.

౨ৎ |

HEESEUNG'S HEAD rested on his desk as a groan escaped his lips. Beside him, Choi Beomgyu mirrored the same posture.

Both seemingly sharing the same sentiment. In unison, they lifted their heads.

"I was excited to come to a co-ed school." Heeseung grumbled. He let out a breath and dropped his head back onto the desk. "But this is no different from an all-boys school."

Beomgyu offered a comforting pat on Heeseung's back, nodding agreement. Their share frustration lingered in the air until a voice broke through their thoughts.

"That doesn't mean that all hope is lost." Said a boy with a nametag that read Asakura Jo, turning around in his chair to face the two boys.

Heeseung and Beomgyu looked up at Jo, their eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "Huh?" they both said simultaneously.

Jo leaned forward, resting his arms on their desks as they began to explain, "Once the bell rings, all the hungry boys and girls will mix and mingle in one place."

𖤐

AFTER LUNCH Heeseung sat at one of the desks at school, the soft glow of the computer screen casting a gentle light on his determined expression.

As he entered in his password, he clicked on Sunghoon's message that read, "Heeseung, I need you to do something moving forward. I'm counting on you."

Heeseung furrowed his brows in confusion, wondering why Sunghoon felt the need to emphasize this now.

"Was he not counting on me before?" Heeseung mumbled, his head tilting to the side as he stared at the brightly lit computer screen.

Determined, he flipped open his notebook and began typing all the information he had gathered about Park Ji-won.

"She's 161cm tall.", "She likes peach-flavored demisoda."

Sunghoon, quick to respond, sent a message asking, "And her shoe size?" Heeseung, searching through the pages of his notebook, muttered, "Where is it?.."

Once found, he typed, "240. And she likes basketball." Which Sunghoon, seemingly intrigued, replied, "If she's good at basketball, she must be super popular."

Heeseung chuckled at the thought, typing, "Kind of. But not enough for you to be worried."

Sunghoon continued with more questions, "How are her friends?" and "What if she has a boyfriend?"

Heeseung assured him, "I don't think so. But she's always with her best friend, Bae Yubin, a girl in her class."

He continued, "They live in building 505 at Lucky Apartments and come to school together."

Sunghoon's next question stirred Heeseung's thoughts, "Do you think there's a way to get closer to her?" Heeseung pondered for a moment before typing,

"Student clubs."