Chapter 1: Potential

Third Person P.O.V

Okuri: Dad... help me...

Divine Dog Black: Woof!

As Okuri frets over her current reality, her shikigami makes its way to comfort her as if sensing her distress. All it does is snuggle by her side, but the feeling of having someone- or at least something on her side in this strange new world is comforting. Getting up, she puts up the hand sign again and prepares to summon the other shikigami she is granted with the technique.

Okuri: Divine Dog White!

Coming out from her shadow, instead of the shadows appearing as if they took the form of a wolf like with divine dog black, it appeared as if this version was breaking free from the depths of the dark. The shadow dripped off its body as if it was liquid, and standing there was a near identical copy of the black dog, but pure white in color.

Divine Dog White: Woof!

Okuri: Hi there! Though... I'm not sure if I need to shout your name each time to get you to come...

Divine Dog White: Woof! Woof!

Okuri: ... I really wish I understood what you were trying to say too.

Sitting back down, but this time having two large dogs as her pillows, she took in the situation again. She knew this world and she knew her powers, which was a good thing. Of course, she wasn't as much as an otaku as her father, but luckily she still took time to bond with him over stuff like this, and it wasn't a chore either, she enjoyed it.

Not that it particularly mattered, seeing as the two were separated as of now.

Okuri: It's a relief that Luci person said we'd meet again, but I hope dad isn't too stressed right now. I can only hope...

Picking herself up, her two shikigami followed and got up from their curled up positions as her makeshift couch.

Okuri: The faster we move on our feet, the faster we find dad and go back to living a normal life!

Divine Dog White/Black: Woof! Woof!

Her two shikigami agreed, although it is debatable whether or not they truly understood her intents. Being filled with confidence, she started walking  with a positive smile on her face. Choosing a direction and with the help of her dogs, Okuri was confident in being able to find her way out of this cave.

Okuri: Now we just need to find our way out of this random cave! This should be easy enough-

Pausing momentarily, she realized something.

Okuri: Wait a second... crystals...

Divine Dog Black: Woof?

Okuri: Mysterious cave...

Divine Dog White: Woof...?

Okuri: I know what this is...

Divine Dog White/Black: ... woof?

Okuri: We got spawned in a dungeon!?

Divine Dog White/Black: Woof?!

All three now being spurred into panic, Okuri held her head between her hands as she fret over how she got thrown into a life or death situation right after dying. Though, she quickly threw those same hands over her mouth realizing she might attract the attention of monsters. Taking a moment to pause and check if anything heard her, she sighed in relief as she heard nothing.

Okuri: Phew... good thing I didn't shout too loud-

*Kikikikiki*

Divine Dog Black/White: Grrrrrr...