8 | THE FIVE STAGES OF ACCEPTANCE

𝙏𝙐𝙍𝙉 𝙏𝙃𝘼𝙏 𝙁𝙍𝙊𝙒𝙉 𝙐𝙋𝙎𝙄𝘿𝙀-𝘿𝙊𝙒𝙉, 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙐𝙎 𝙎𝙉𝘼𝙋𝙀.

"HEY, I almost forgot. You know how we're playin' Everton tomorrow?" Ted asked as he talked to Henry on the computer.

Lottie, Ted, and Beard were sitting in the office while Nate went out to check on the team bus outside for the upcoming weekend's match. Lottie would be riding on the bus with everyone, but she was actually joining Rebecca and Keeley on a little girls' weekend. Normally, she would be rooming with her father, but this time she would be sharing a suite with Keeley and Rebecca.

Her pink duffle bag matched her sweatpants – it was a travel day, so she was opting for a more comfortable look – which was sitting on the floor beside Beard's desk. Lottie had on a white sweater and her leather jacket – it was hers now, she decided.

"Yeah," Henry replied at Ted's question.

"Well, that's not a town. It's actually a team in Liverpool!" Ted told him.

"Like the Beatles!" Henry exclaimed excitedly. "If you see John, Paul, George, or Ringo, will you take a picture, please?"

Lottie didn't have the heart to tell him that only Paul and Ringo were still alive, so she smiled and nodded. "Hey, you got it, big guy." Lottie checked the time and tapped her wrist, alerting her father to wrap the call up.

"Ok, hey, I better get a roll on here, all right?" Ted told him.

"Ok. And Mom wants to talk to you. Hold on," Henry waved to the camera before getting up to grab Michelle.

"I love you, buddy," Ted said.

"Love you, Henry!" Lottie called as she left the screen so she could grab her duffel.

"Love you too!" Henry said as Michelle walked over.

"Still haven't told him John and George are dead?" Beard asked once Henry was out of reach of the speaker.

"They're what?" Ted exclaimed in alarm while Lottie shushed her uncle.

Beard nodded and whispered, "It was Keith Richards," making Lottie and Ted chuckle.

"Hey, Ted. Hey, baby," Michelle greeted, smiling softly at them.

"Hi, Mama," Lottie waved. "I'm sorry, but I gotta go meet up with Keeley and Rebecca, then put my bag in the bus. But I'll talk to you soon."

"All right, baby. I miss and love you incredibly much."

"Love ya!" Lottie blew a kiss at her before leaving for Rebecca's office. She got there right as Keeley did with her roller luggage and found Rebecca looking at something on her laptop with furrowed brows.