chapter one: reunited

Its was a regular old day for Jake sterling. He was put on cash register duty at his work, Gacha mart today. The hours were going by slower than normal and Jake just wanted to go home.

"Why did we have to go here?" A woman said, slightly annoyed.

"Because our regular place didn't have my favourite grape jelly!" The boy replied. Jake wasn't interested, theres always couples arguing in this store. He continued playing his game on his phone, waiting for any customers.

"Ahem?" The man and woman from before appeared at the counter. Jake looked up but froze at the sight of them. They looked so, familiar. He brushed it off, they've probably just been there before.

"Hello welcome to GachaMart I'm Jake and ill be serving you today" Jake said for about the millionth time today. The purpled hair guy unloaded the groceries onto the conveyor belt. Jake couldn't shake the fact of how familiar they looked.

The girl looked up, "wait... Jake?!" She stared in shock. She had teal hair tied up into a ponytail. Her eyes are big and black and she had a star hair  clip in her hair.

Jake rose his eyebrow, "Yeah..? Thats my name.."

"oh my god.." The purple haired boy looked up, realising what she was talking about.

"Huh?" Jake was still very confused.

"Jake.. its me, Hailey." In that second Jake felt his whole world stop. Hailey?? She was back?? Oh god this was not going to end well.

"Oh! Um, hi Hailey.." Jake said, he was scared she would yell at him or something.

"Hey, Jake" She gave him a weak smile. Zander just scoffed and continued loading the groceries. It was pretty much silent from that point on. I mean what was supposed to happen? They become best friends again? Not with Zander around. You could practically see the awkwardness in the air, you could cut through it even.

"That'll be $67.50 thanks" Jake said, breaking the silence. Zander beeps his card and types in his pin.

"Thank you for shopping at Gacha mart.." He quietly said, thinking if he should say anything else. He and Hailey made eye contact before she grabbed her bags and started walking off.

"W-wait! Hailey.." Jake stopped them.

Hailey rose her eyebrow, "did we forget something?"

"No no i just.. I'm really sorry Hailey. You know, about the audio" Jake looked into her dark but glowy eyes. She sighed and looked at her step brother.

Zander walked forward, towards the peach haired boy. Jake tensed up, scared he was going to hit him or something.

Zander sighed, not believing what he was about to do.

"Its.. fine Jake. It was in high school we are adults now.." Zander said, looking at Jake.

Jakes eyes lit up, "W..wait really?!" He said, not believing what he was hearing. Hailey smiled, walking up to Jake as-well.

"We missed you, Jake. Zander wouldn't admit but i know he did too."

Zander looked away, embarrassed. (NOT. A. SHIP.) Jake chuckled, happy to see his old friends.

"Could i give you my number? And maybe we could catch up? Maybe even with the other members!" Jake asked.

Hailey and Zander exchanged glances before Hailey nodded and gave Jake her number.

Zander and Hailey left and Jake couldn't help but smile. Maybe his life wouldn't end up so bad after-all!

"Zoey, the music freaks are back."

Authors note

first chapter done yayy! Hopefully yall are liking this so far. Itll get more interesting i promsie